Arabic Copy Editor (Part time)
Title: Arabic Copy Editor/Writer (Part time)
We need a copy editor/proofreader who can work on various publications, online content, manuals and journals in the final editorial stages and checks texts before they are published to ensure they read well, follow house style and there are no errors.
We need a copy editor who focuses mainly on stylistic aspects, fact checks and consistency and makes suggestions for any re-working or re-writing; a proofreader looks for any grammatical, spelling or typographical mistakes.
- Checking copy for grammatical, spelling and typographical errors.
- Marking copy with standard proofreading marks to notify writers and editors of necessary changes.
- Adding/deleting words, phrases or sentences to improve the reading of a text.
- Checking facts and statistics to ensure a text is accurate and correct.
- Making stylistic suggestions.
- Re-wording/re-working sentences or whole sections of text.
- Working with paper and online manuscripts.
- Liaising with publishing editors, writers and other clients.
1. A degree in publishing or languages (Arabic) may be advantageous.
2. An excellent command and understanding of the required language is essential.
3. Specialist publishers, such as those in legal or science sectors, often require graduates with relevant degrees.
4. Atleast 2 years of experience on said field.
Customer Relations ManagerAl-FuttaimNo two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the1 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi
Reservations Agent for Conrad DubaiConrad Hotels & ResortsJob Description A Reservations Agent for Conrad Dubai will serve as the main contact for room reservations at the hotel and is responsible to offer an excellent service1 hour agoShareDubai
Recruitment Consultant - Michael Page Middle East, Financial Services RecruitmentMichael Page AEJob Description The Financial Services team was set-up in 2006 and has consistently served clients across various industry segments regionally since. The work we4 hour agoShareDubai
Business Manager - Michael Page Middle East, Banking RecruitmentMichael Page AEJob Description The Financial Services team was set-up in 2006 and has consistently served clients across various industry segments regionally since. The work we4 hour agoShareDubai
Power BI DeveloperVirtusaAdd the Middle East to your global professional experience and have the opportunity to work on some of the leading Digital Transformation programs. @Virtusa, we apply4 hour agoShareDubai