Job Number 21140347
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Le Méridien Al Aqah Beach Resort, Dibba Road, Fujairah, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Brand Le Méridien
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
See where your journey can take you. At Marriott International, we believe in seizing opportunities and making your own adventure. A world of opportunity pulls up to your bar with every guest you meet – and you never know who might show up next. That big world also extends to our global, diverse family of associates. Like most families, we’re a group of unique individuals who bring different strengths, styles, personalities and interests to the table. And this makes every single day a new discovery. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Responsibilities for set-up, mixing of drinks, service and clean-up for catering bar functions. In so doing, is expected to direct all effort toward guest satisfaction, the achievement/maintenance of division standards, and profit maximization.
The impact you’ll make
You are a bright mixologist who is always on the lookout for new beverage trends. When you are behind the bar, you create an energy that is both welcoming and exciting. You take pride in offering our guests a diverse and seasonally-inspired beverage menu, a warm conversation, and helpful suggestions. When you shine, our guests will look forward to relaxing with you after a long day.
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues
What you’ll do
- Welcome guests
- Attend to tables
- Open and serve wine/champagne
- Prepare garnishes
- Stock ice, glassware and paper supplies
- Set up and maintain cleanliness of bar area
- Process all payment methods and complete cashier reports
What we’re looking for
- Great storytelling skills
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous bartending experience is a big plus.
- Thorough beverage knowledge
- Sales Person – Ability to suggest and up sell
- Friendly and outgoing
- Basic Computer Skills
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Punch in, as schedule, ready to work and according to Grooming Standards.
- Check for captain for required set up and type of service assignment.
- Have bar set up “ready to go” 15 minutes before function is schedules to start.
This involves: An adequate supply of following (to last through the duration of the function, if possible). Ice, water, mixer, all ingredients necessary for preparing drinks. Glasses, garnishes, napkin and side towel. Matches/ashtrays cigarettes.
- Perform cashier duties, if required. This involves handling tickets and cash as per Marriott International Food and Beverage SOP.
- Prepare and served drinks as per Marriott standards, policies procedures using a jigger as all times.
- Never leave your bar during a function unless properly relieved by another bartender or the captain/maître d
- At all times the bar area should be maintained in a clean and organized condition. Practice “clean as you go”.
- After function is over and guest have left the room, breakdown and thoroughly clean the bar.
- Ensure the proper storage of liquor, fruit and equipment, all liquor to be secure.
- To comply with all local laws and regulations.
- To report issues or requirements to the supervisors.
- When requested, is ready to work as a waiter/waitress as well.
- To have a clean uniform and impeccable personal grooming in compliance with company standards.
- To be at the assigned work area, in uniform, and ready to work at the time that is scheduled.
- The waiter/waitress will be responsible for these set up, bussing and cleanup of all the following table service necessities as well as the proper storage of this equipment in its proper place after use in the room (to put things in the proper place).
- All Event Operations bartenders will be required to completely familiarize himself with the location of each of the function rooms and related areas and the various workable types of set up to include the following: school style, theatre style, conference style, U-Shape, Hollow square, Hollow rectangle, Banquet style, T-Shape, E-Shape, Different types of buffet set up, Coffee Trolley.
- Set up, service, breakdown and vacuuming of all department functions to include: meetings, breakfast, lunch, dinner, receptions, banquet hall cleaners, dances/concerts, exhibits, general cleaning of all area and vacuum, outdoor catering.
- Set up and handle tables, i.e. rounds, rectangles, ovals, schoolroom etc.
- The bartender will be totally responsible for ensuring that each service piece of linen china, glass and silverware is spotless before it is placed on a table, and that each table is set up uniformly.
- To introduce one’s self to the guest on one’s station and project a warm cheerful, enthusiastic desire to be of service.
- To wear a name tag as part of the proper uniform, as well as no excessive jewelry to be worn while working.
- To comply with all safety regulations and company policies as outlined in the Employee’s handbook.
- To assist customer whenever possible/
- To attend meetings when scheduled.
- Become totally familiar with how to read a Banquet Event Order (BEO) and how to set a room from that order.
- To perform all other reasonable as requested by the management.
- To ensure that all props after each function is store back in the designated area and handles with great care.
- To ensure that all bar equipment, fixture and furniture are handled with great care.
- To create a good working relationship with co-workers and maintain a courteous attitude towards the management and all the employees and guests of the hotel.
- To bring any problems that may occur or any special requests by guests to their supervisor’s attention as soon as possible.
- To provide the best possible proper service of guests of this hotel at all times.
- To practice constantly the “Clean as you go” policy to uphold the highest sanitation standards.
Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity
You’re a beverage enthusiast. And with us, you'll get to both refine and showcase your craft of creating cocktails. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. No matter your path, we’ll make sure you feel right at home.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
BartenderRadisson Blu Hotel - Dubai Waterfront - Food &...Do you have an appetite to deliver first class service and are passionate about all things Food & Beverage? Then why not come and join us at the Radisson Hotel Group1 day agoShareDubai
BartenderHiltonA Bartender engages our guests during their visit, receives/serves orders and ensures brand service standards are met to the highest quality.What will I be doing? A4 day agoShareDubai
Head Bartender - The St. Regis Downtown DubaiMarriott International, IncPosting Date Jan 10, 2022Job Number 22003480Job Category Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation The St. Regis Downtown Dubai, Marasi Drive, Dubai, United Arab1 week agoShareDubai
Bartender - P. F. Chang's - UAEAlshayaJob no: 3509801Location: UAE Dubai Mall P.F. Chang's P.F. Chang's, an American restaurant chain serving American-Chinese cuisine, is committed to providing you with1 week agoShareUAE
Food and Beverage Attendant for the Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial CentreHiltonA Food and Beverage Attendant for the Waldorf Astoria Dubai International Financial Centre affects every Guest experience within restaurants, bars, room service and1 week agoShareDubai