Civil / Structural Designer
• Generate drawings with industry specific software applications in accordance with the best design practices and adhering to company work instructions, guides, standards & customer specifications. • Ensuring delivering of drawings with required details. • Drafting and preparation of project drawings, layouts, schedules, and bill of materials • Works closely with Engineers to ensure that drawings are reliable and quality focused. • Coordinating with other discipline to fulfill complete job requirement.
Job Title: Designer III - Civil & Structural
Reports To: Lead Designer or Discipline Manager
- Generate drawings with industry specific software applications in accordance with the best design practices and adhering to company work instructions, guides, standards & customer specifications.
- Ensuring delivering of drawings with required details.
- Drafting and preparation of project drawings, layouts, schedules, and bill of materials
- Works closely with Engineers to ensure that drawings are reliable and quality focused.
- Coordinating with other discipline to fulfill complete job requirement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- 3D-Modeling and extraction of drawing using CADWorx/ PDMS/ TEKLA/ e-3D, BoCAD/ AutoCAD, etc.
- Preparation of design/fabrication drawings for structural like Skids, pipe-racks, Off-Skid Platforms/ Secondary Structures, Pipe Supports, Cross-overs, Cable tray Supports, Shelters, Steel Buildings etc.
- Preparation of Civil detailed drawings like Foundation drawings for vertical and horizontal vessels, Flare, Pipe racks, Skids, Pits; reinforcement detail drawings for concrete structures; bar bending schedules; foundation plot plan; miscellaneous civil drawings for Roads/ Fences/ Gates/ drainage layouts, Underground Layout & detailing etc.
- Computing earthworks and preparation of site grading drawings etc.
- Preparation of BOQ/ MTO for Civil & Structural Work.
- Proposal support for Civil and Structural Items in estimation of concrete and structural steel quantities
- Ensuring that work done meets all acceptance criteria with respect to safety, quality and technical competency.
- Providing inputs and IDC checking of deliverables of Other Disciplines.
- Interaction with other departments for clarification on information’s relevant to Civil & Structural drawings.
- Ensure On time/ On Budget metrics compliance and evoke Engineering Document Change Procedure for scope changes if any
- Review of engineering deliverables from Engineering Partner Network.
- Maintaining records of drawings and other documents as assigned by Discipline Managers/Lead/Senior Engineer/Lead Designer.
- Requires employee to constantly type and use a computer and other office equipment, such as copier, printer, calendar, telephones, etc.
- Diploma in Civil / Architectural Engineering
- Certified course or Technical School Training in Computer Aided Design Technology or similar design & drafting tools
Required Experience & Skills
- 8+ years of experience in 3D Modelling, Drafting and documenting civil, structural & Architectural drawings in which 2-3 years in checking level.
- Working Experience in Oil & Gas Industry–on shore, minimum 8 years.
- Proficient using 3-D Modelling & CAD design software; and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) & email system.
- Read the contract and establishing Standard Details for project specific, and verify the same implement in the deliverables
- Co-ordinate with Engineers, collect design data and establish input for further Modelling & Detailing work.
- Interact with other discipline, Review the Mechanical, Electrical, Instrument, Equipment drawing/documents and establish the inputs for civil & structural detailing work.
- Prepare & Verify the BOQ/MTO in accordance with Civil & Structural design drawings.
- Fair Knowledge in International codes & Standards and the Industrial Best Engineering Practice in Detailing work.
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Clear and concise verbal and written communications
- Software Skills: Working level experience in AutoCAD, CAD WORXS, PDMS, TEKLA, Microsoft Office
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Working knowledge/ Experience in other industries like, compression, Power generation, Water treatment, Oil & Gas–off shore.
- Familiarity/ working knowledge in any of the following tools: CADWorx Plant Professional, CADWorx Equipment, ISOGEN, PRO-E, Oracle, Wrench
Preferred Training & Certifications
Must be able to communicate and respond to coworkers, customers, vendors, suppliers and emergency cues/alarms, in person and on the telephone, including use of mobile devices
Must be able to rarely lift at least #5 pounds
Must wear all required PPE, including fire-retardant clothing, helmets, face shields, hearing protection, safety goggles, steel-toed boots, as applicable.
Exterran Corporation (NYSE: EXTN) is a global systems and process company offering solutions in the oil, gas, water and power markets. We are a leader in natural gas processing and treatment, produced water treatment and compression products and services, providing critical midstream infrastructure solutions to customers throughout the world. Exterran Corporation is headquartered in Houston, Texas and operates in approximately 25 countries.
Exterran designs and commissions scalable solutions that quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively treat produced water for oil & gas production facilities. Our industry-leading technologies cover the full range of methods for removing oil, suspended and dissolved solids from produced water. We help clients achieve higher treatment efficiency, wider operating bands and lower capital and operational costs.
Operations CoordinatorMajid Al FuttaimMajid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail1 hour agoShareDubai
Operations CoordinatorMajid al Futtaim PropertiesMajid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail3 hour agoShareDubai
Digital DesignerVous Digital Marketing AgencyFull-timeIn your role as a digital designer, your day-to-day tasks will consist of collaborating with other teams to define requirements, iterate on design solutions, and20 hour agoShareDubai
CoordinatorCommon ConceptFull-timeIn responsibility of ordering and stocking electrical materials such as LED lights, HVAC, and so on. Negotiating the cost with facility's supplies based on day to day1 day agoShareUAE
Purchasing AssistantQaryat Al Beri Resort Development Company LLCAED2,500 - AED3,500 a monthFresher +1Responsibilities: Working with the Operation manager to run the Operations department Performing vendor research and selection to enhance profitability, reduce1 day agoShareAbu Dhabi