Cost Control Supervisor
A Cost Control Supervisor will ensure the accuracy of cost control, accounts payable as well as other general Finance duties to support the Finance Team.
What will I be doing?
As Cost Control Supervisor will ensure the accuracy of cost control, accounts payable as well as other general Finance duties to support the Finance Team. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain accurate stocks, accounts payable, prepayments and creditor/accruals accounting records
- Provide related financial reports for the hotels under the umbrella of the centralised accounting system
- Comply with company timetables and policies
- Support the Finance Manager in managing communications regarding the payment and handling of suppliers to include the accurate and timely processing of invoices
- Support the month end process, as it relates to stocks, creditors, prepayments and accruals, and ensure all work is completed on time with all relevant accounts reconciled
- Authorise month end stock, prepayment and accruals journals, as prepared by the Accounts Payable Assistant
- Ensure the balance sheets, as they relate to stocks, prepayments, creditors and accruals are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotels
- Review the balance sheets, ensure reconciliations are performed of all hotel controlled stocks, prepayments, creditor and accruals accounts and that all balances are explained even if reconciled elsewhere
- Maintain Fixed Cost Register and ensure that it fully and accurately reflects all active contracts
- Develop best practice financial accounting and control procedures and continually review and develop the process and procedures to maximise impact and efficiency
- Maintain good communications and working relationships with all hotel areas
- Act in accordance with fire, health and safety regulations and follow the correct procedures when required
- Serve your role and Team in an environmentally-conscience manner
What are we looking for?
A Cost Control Supervisor serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Organisation, planning skills and the ability to prioritise
- Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail
- Analytical approach and creativity to problem resolution
- Commitment to support and drive change where necessary
- Advanced IT skills, especially with MS Office and Hilton systems
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Relevant degree, in Finance or related business discipline, from an academic institution
- Technical accounting knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping, stocks, creditors and accruals
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Accounting Manager - Food ManufacturingGuildhallThe Role Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems. • Safeguard assets and assure accurate & timely recording of all transactions by implementing6 hour agoShareDubai
Manager- International Logistic and Supply Chain ManagementAl Sahiba General TradingWe are looking for suitable candidate to fill the role of Manager-Internatioal Logistic and Supply Chain Management Key Requirements Possess rich & extensive7 hour agoShareDubai
Operations ExecutiveLeaap Gulf LogisticsThe Role Preparation of shipping and customs documents for imports and exports - Liaising with Dubai Customs, Dubai Trade, Chamber of Commerce, FTA, Shipping Line and7 hour agoShareDubai
InternBDP InternationalJob Description: About BDP International: BDP International is a privately held, family-owned non-asset based global logistics provider with annual sales exceeding $2.17 hour agoShareDubai
AutoCAD DraftsmanRight Angle ContractingROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : Preparation of Shop drawing for Hard Landscape, Soft Landscape & Swimming Pool as per the IFC Drawing and Client Requirement. Modifying9 hour agoShareDubai