Engineer - Structural
Engineer - Structural
Key responsibilities and duties are listed, but not limited to, the below:
- Prepare designs, specifications, calculations, drawings and risk assessments for maintenance, refurbishment and new build schemes. Obtain statutory approvals where needed.
- Actively participate in the preparation of concept, scheme, and detailed design calculations and drawings for structural projects.
- Undertaking structural engineering analysis and design
- Ability to inspect works carried out on site and monitor quality and compliance with design drawings.
- Be accountable for the timely production and delivery of reliable design solutions, reports, specifications and drawings
- Ensure all design work is carried out in accordance with Company’s quality standard procedures
- Provide effective task management and monitor against agreed scope, programme and budget
- Provide structural technical support and manage the technical accuracy of the project delivery
- Be able to present technical aspects of a project and structural design approach to technical and non-technical individuals
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of current technical engineering codes and practices and taking a role in technical matters both at project and Unit level
- IT and standard industry software skills, including hands-on knowledge of BIM and other digital platforms
- Continuously looking for innovations and improvements to manage workload and accomplish deliverables across individuals, teams and projects
- Using leadership skills to build and nurture relationships and also creating effective working environments
- Able to manage multiple teams with diverse backgrounds on geographically and culturally diverse teams
- In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice. As such, we expect staff must always act:
- With integrity
- With due skill, care and diligence
- In good faith, and
- In compliance with all applicable laws
- Dedicated team player with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
- Adopting a proactive approach towards complex tasks and overall delivery
- Sound knowledge of professional and international standards
- Degree qualified in Structural (or Civil) Engineering; chartered status will have an added advantage
- Experience working in an international design consultancy
- Minimum 5 to 8 years’ experience in engineering design primarily in building structures and in roles of increasing responsibility and project complexity
- A strong technical focus, able to innovate and lead by example
- Demonstrable record of successfully designing and delivering building structures projects
- Proven experience in managing & leading project teams
- Experienced in using analytical/design software such as Robot, Revit, Etabs, Staad, CSC, RAM, Tedds
- Demonstrable experience of planning and monitoring project programmes, costs and resources
- ensuring delivery to time and budget
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture. At Mott MacDonald, we are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Mott MacDonald is looking for a Structural Engineer to support the delivery of building projects across the Unit. The role entails working on design projects, supervision as well as conducting building surveys.
United Arab Emirates
ALL - United Arab Emirates
Consultant QAVirtusaDescription The Performance Test Engineer will be closely working with Managers and Architect. Strong verbal and written communication skills Strong understanding of1 hour agoShareDubai
Planning & Cost Control LeadBrunelAbout this role Location: 9 months UAE (Abu Dhabi) then KSA, Jubail.; Project Services function including estimating, planning/scheduling, benchmarking, progress3 hour agoShareDubai
Inspector - StructuralAECOMFull-timeAECOM are currently looking for experienced Structural/Civil Inspectors to join the growing AECOM team supporting the supervision of Construction projects in UAE.6 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi
Procurement AnalystBRFHave you ever imagined to be part of one of the biggest food companies in the world? Nourish life is our commitment. This is not limited to food production15 hour agoShareDubai
ARE - ElectricalParsonsFull-timeJob Description: Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented ARE - Electrical to join our team! In this role you will get to p erform difficult and complex field17 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi