McDermott has an immediate opening for an Expeditor in the Houston Area. The Expeditor is responsible for expediting specific deliverables on one or more projects as directed and reports into an expediting lead on the project and will be assigned POs for material and document expediting.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Post order expediting experience on oil and gas offshore projects
- Experience in piping or electrical and instrumentation material expediting
- Understanding of orders Manage all post order expediting activities
- Expedite proactively all deliverable including vendor documents and materials to various yards/sites.
- Understanding of supplier production schedules, critical documentation, arrange inspection as per approved ITP, shipping documents as required for arranging shipments.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties
- OS&D resolution and close out.
- Update SPMAT/expediting system in line with production schedule, priority and expedite in conjunction with Materials Management and Fabrication team
- Reviews purchase order delivery requirements to assure quality and project requirements are met
- Identifies and understands levels of required expediting and actions workload to optimize material deliveries according to project schedule requirements and shop demands
- Includes accurate and timely expediting of Purchase Orders and MTRs
- Completes consistent and timely updates to delivery dates in the Company system, and distributes weekly expediting reports to the Project Team and to Suppliers
- Ensures Supplier’s timely delivery of all items on Purchase Orders to maintain Project schedule
- Works with procurement management to identify performance gaps and delays including engineering drawing delays, fabrication problems, delivery delays, sub-supplier management and people resources
- Ensures expediting issues are being coordinated between the other departments, offices, fabrication and construction teams to meet project requirements and deadlines
- Notifies and collaborates with Logistics subject matter expert on material movements that fall within McDermott’s responsibility
- Maintains and promotes a focus on McDermott’s end-product whether procurement, engineering, fabrication or construction related
- Ensures effective communications among procurement disciplines, clients, project teams, and suppliers
- Understanding and consistent use of expediting procedures as established in company policies.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Minimum of 3 years of procurement experience with a minimum of 4 years expediting experience
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the expediting process as related to procurement
- Must have experience in expediting on offshore projects
- Preferrably with expediting experience in E&I and/or Piping
- Experience expediting supplier documentation, piping bulks, electrical bulks, instrumentation bulks as well as instrumentation such as regulators, gauges, PSV’s. Experience expediting mechanical equipment is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate to procurement personnel and non-procurement personnel
- Ability to work well with others
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions