Food and Beverage Supervisor - Zeste at Holiday Inn Dubai Festival City
At Holiday Inn, we make guests smile.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we've been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we'd love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
The InterContinental Hotels Group properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities.
We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 1200 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
Responsible for assisting the department in charge in supervising the team and coordinating with other departments to ensure efficient service is offered to the guests adhering to the brand standards. A multitasking attitude with a we are one operation vision is required to be able to help each operation as and when required.
• Overseeing the implementation of standards as ensure it complies to the departmental standards and procedures manual.
• Preparing the daily briefing sheet and meal period allocation
• Assign duties, responsibilities, and work stations to associates in accordance with work requirements.
• Checking the grooming and hygiene of all staff during briefing
• Conducting effective shift briefings ensuring team is aware of VIPs, special occasions, daily specials, IHG Recognition, emphasis on ups-selling products and Brand Standards
• Ensuring team adapts and follows true hospitality steps of service.
• Provide hands-on support and assistance to Food and Beverage associates to ensure highest levels of service and courtesy are provided to the guests.
• Welcoming guests, recommending food and drink and help keep service on-track and up to standard by tailoring each guest's experience to their unique tastes, you'll create memories
• Ensure that an effective link is maintained between kitchen and service areas.
• Supervise all aspects of food and beverage quality, service and hygiene and escalate concerns to Manager.
• Supervise back of the house and dining area cleaning activities.
• Resolve guests complains regarding food and beverage service.
• Maintain all associates' training schedules and update actual records regularly in the system where applicable.
• Take responsibility of operational issues in the absence of Manager.
• Maintain good relationships with colleagues and contributes to team spirit.
• Contribute to a team-oriented and associate-oriented company culture.
• Cooperate and interact with other departments to provide additional or specialized guest services.
• Supervise the work of the team to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures are followed, correcting errors and problems.
• Enforce distribution of flash cards
• Prepare monthly training calendars and conduct trainings during daily briefings
• Enforce shift handover procedures
• Enforce correct bill paying procedures
• Encourage and motivate staff to provide optimum service during all shifts.
• Drive the increase in IHG Loyalty membership while engaging with the guests and enforce it.
• Train the team to have a good menu and job knowledge.
• Flexibility to work in room service or banquets as per business requirement.
• Check table satisfaction and engage with the guest
• Show genuine care to the guests and
• Share recommendations and guest comments with the chef and F&B Manager to reflect current customer profile.
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
1. Customer Service oriented.
2. Charismatic leader who can inspire, motivate and discipline a team
3. Excellent communication skills across all mediums - presentation, telephone, correspondence, face to face etc. in English and preferably a 2nd language
4. Ambitious and eager to learn, grow and further develop own career
5. High level of common sense and high skill of problem solving and decision making
6. Positive attitude, self-motivated, organized and demonstrate good team work, willing to extra hour's and split shifts as and when business demands.
7. Computer literacy (Microsoft applications)
8. MS-Office, Delphi
9. Pro-active approach, and the ability to meet deadlines
• Previous F&B Banquet serving experience in a reputed hotel Chain
• 10+2 / Diploma or Degree in Hotel management
• Minimum of 2 years working experience in the international hotel chain
What we offer
We'll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you'll become part of the global IHG family - and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together - we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
Report This Job
Housekeeping SupervisorIntercity Hotel Dubai Jaddaf WaterfrontFull-timeTrain housekeeping associates on cleaning and maintenance tasks Oversee staff on a daily basis Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for10 minute agoShareDubai
Security GuardCreative Home KindergartenAED2,500 - AED3,500 a monthFull-timeAbout us We are professional and our goal is to Security Guard. Our work environment includes: Modern office setting We are looking for an experienced Security Guard to4 hour agoShareDubai
Tribe MemberFreedom PizzaFull-timeWe are seeking experienced Tribe Members to join our team based in Dubai to assist with store operations. The right candidate has at least 6 months of food and4 hour agoShareDubai
Chef De Partie for Anasa at Conrad DubaiHiltonFull-timeA Chef De Partie for Anasa at Conrad Dubai is responsible for supervising the Pastry team and ensuring high levels of food preparation to deliver an excellent Guest4 hour agoShareDubai
Floor ManagerMarriott International, IncFull-timeJob Number 22168146 Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location The Dubai EDITION, Dubai Fountain Street, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates5 hour agoShareDubai