Job Number 21104549
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location Al Maha a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa Dubai, Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
The Luxury Collection is a glittering ensemble of locally authentic hotels and resorts from around the world. Our hotel teams curate the world’s most enriching and desirable destination experiences. Our mission is to guide our guests, these seasoned travelers on transformative journeys that touch their spirits, enrich their lives and create lasting memories. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling and a desire to provide genuine, personalized, and anticipatory service, then we invite you to join us on our journey and explore a career with The Luxury Collection.
As a handyman you are responsible for skilled masonry work, maintain and repair masonry / civil job around the hotel e.g. public area and guests’ room area and ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at Al Maha Desert Resort and Spa, The Luxury Collection.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports –
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience.
- 3 years hotel engineering work experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to Read and follow blueprints / schematics
- Ability to assemble, install, test and troubleshoot HVAC equipment
- Good understanding of HVAC Code (both local and ASHRAE)
- Demonstrated knowledge of HVAC Tools and Instrumentation
- Knowledge of Lock/Tag Out Protocol, OSHA and other HVAC safety procedures
- Understanding of maintenance inventory and requisition of parts and supplies as needed.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
Education or Certification
- Minimum Technical, Trade or Vocational Certificate/Diploma or equivalent.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
As a Mason you are responsible for skilled masonry work, maintain and repair masonry / civil job around the hotel e.g. public area and guests’ room area and ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as.
- Repairing of the interlock road and main road / maintain the sand level around guest rooms and other areas if required.
- Carry out guest room’s preventive maintenance as per schedule and update transcendent system.
- Daily waste collection has to remove following areas main building / both accommodation / staff cafeteria.
- Carry out necessary repairing work guest room’s canopy and canopy poles
- Make sure if any transportation and drive any vehicles for any reason you are the 1st responsible person to attend the job till works are completed as per guidance of the shift supervisor.
- Make sure attending dune function and picnic setup and material transportations as request
- Carry out minor Plumbing repairing work.
- Assist in energy conservation program.
- To attend all safety and fire training and adhere to safety instructions at work to prevent any accidents.
- Document all work performed and any spares used.
- Serve as an active member of hotel emergency response team.
- Carry out any requests asked of you by your immediate supervisor.
- To carry out other job assignments given by shift supervisor or designate, as business demands.
- Carry out all tiles grouting and blocking and other assigned civil works duties within the resort
- Carry out preventive maintenance schedules for masonry jobs as directed by Superiors.
- Repair, maintain and alter buildings, retaining walls and other brick or stone edifices.
- Mix mortar, lay bricks and stones or concrete sidewalks and make and repair steps.
- Patch and replace brick or stonework chimneys.
- Install and repair tile floors or walls.
- Read blueprints and plaster ceilings or walls.
- Estimate masonry jobs and carry out carpentry work incidental to masonry work.
- To be carryout guest room preventive maintenance civil work / canopies /canopy pols / outside deck/ pathway.
- Make sure if any transportation and drive any vehicles for any reason you are the 1st responsible person to attend the job till works are completed as per guidance of the duty supervisor.
- To inspect the assigned vehicle on daily basis before you gets it drive and registration is valid.