Learning Support Assistant
Repton Dubai is seeking a Shadow Teacher/Learning Support Assistant to work 1:1 within FS2, for an immediate start.
Purpose of Job:
To assist and support student's with special educational and general learning needs.
Responsibilities of the post:
The Learning Support Assistant’s (LSA) main role is to provide support for students with special educational needs. The LSA will ensure that the students can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
Duties will include running specific programmes and activities to assist the students’ individual learning and social needs. The LSA will be responsible for implementing the targets on the students’ Individual Education Plan (IEP) in liaison with the class teachers and the SENCo.
- Provide learning support for students in class or 1:1 situations
- Develop knowledge of the particular needs of the children and seek advice from the SENCo, class teacher and outside agencies as required
- Aid access to the full range of learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom
- Make or modify resources as suggested and advised by the SENCo, Educational Psychologist or other outside agencies
- Provide positive reinforcements, praise and rewards to students
- Facilitate inclusion in small group activities with peers and support interaction between them
Supporting the SENCO
- Work as part of the team to ensure that the well being and personal development of the student enhances their learning opportunities and life skills
- Attend planning meetings with the SENCo to develop learning programmes and assist in the delivery of individual learning programmes on a daily basis to promote learning ,behaviour and communication skills
- Provide regular feedback to the SENCo and, where necessary, relevant outside agencies about any student’s difficulties and progress
- Contribute to the students’ annual review by writing a brief report and attending the meeting
Supporting the School
- Foster links between home and school
- Participate in relevant professional development as deemed appropriate
- Understand and apply school policies on learning and behaviour, and the statutory guidelines relating to disability discrimination and special educational needs
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to the students’ needs but have regard to the safeguarding procedures of the school
- Carry out duties as directed by the SENCo or Head Teacher
You will need to
- Have experience working with children with special educational needs in a primary school setting
- Have GCSE, ‘O’ Level or equivalent qualifications in Maths and English
- Have NVQ2 or equivalent as recognised by the National Occupational Standards for Supporting Teaching and Learning (NOS-STL)
- Have knowledge and understanding of the different social, cultural and physical needs of students, and how they learn and behave
- Provide appropriate role models of behaviour both in the classroom and around school
- Really care about children, particularly those who find learning and managing their behaviour difficult
- Have training in aspects of SEN, i.e. ELSA, dyslexia
You must be able to:
- Carry out tasks and responsibilities under the direction of the SENCo, Class Teacher, Deputy Head Teacher or Head Teacher
- Plan and prioritise tasks and work under the pressure of a busy inclusive primary school
- Be productive and show initiative
- Communicate effectively and appropriately to students with different abilities and ethnic backgrounds
- Motivate students to learn and be sociable
- Assist with the organisation of the learning environment
- Maintain accurate student records
- Be a responsible and trustworthy role model
- Have patience with children who find conforming to rules and expectations difficult
- Have patience and be flexible and innovative with a clear understanding of how children might behave who find learning new concepts and remembering taught concepts difficult
- Respect and maintain confidentiality but have regard to the safe guarding protocols of information sharing where necessary
- Be computer literate
- Attend training courses considered appropriate for the post
This is a term-time fixed contract position for academic year 2021-2022
Hours are 7.15am - 3pm Sunday to Thursday
Salary dependent upon experience and qualifications
Welcoming families from all nationalities and children of all ages, the school offers the very best in British education, epitomised by the school’s philosophy of ‘the best for every child’. Repton has state-of-the-art facilities and amenities and is situated on a spectacular campus of 1.3million sq. ft, making it the largest school in the region. There are currently around 1700 students attending the school.
Our students benefit from an international education based on the British independent and national curricula. Our clear aim and purpose is to provide the best teaching and learning environment in which all students will achieve their very best academically, physically and socially. By working closely with all its parents, the school aims to develop young people who will have all the tools they need to succeed in a rapidly changing, highly competitive, global society.
As part of the Repton Family of Schools in the UAE, and working within the Evolvence Group, we share expertise across our group of schools and nurseries in UAE and offer significant opportunities for career progression for those who seek advancement, along with opportunities for professional development through our partnerships with Apple and through our Middle Leaders and Senior Leaders Programs.
About Repton School Dubai
Repton Dubai is a prominent international school in the heart of Dubai and one of the few schools in Dubai to boast an ‘Outstanding’ rating from the Dubai Schools Inspection Board since 2014.
One of the few genuinely international schools in the Gulf Region, Repton Dubai combines the reputation and academic rigour of the UK curriculum, from infants and junior school through to IGCSE level in Year 11, and then embraces the challenges and opportunities of the International Diploma or IB in the Sixth Form.
Set in the largest, most spectacular school campus in the Middle-East, and almost uniquely in Dubai offering a dynamic boarding experience in addition to day school, Repton students from ages 3-18 benefit from facilities, resources and a classroom and sporting experience that is the envy of their peers.
Our mission is to promote excellence in every area of a child's and student's life at school, within and outside the classroom.
The Repton Family of Schools is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.
Intelligence ExecutiveChalhoub GroupWho we are We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have6 day agoShareDubai
Analyst / Associate, Investment Banking, DubaiBank of AmericaJob Description: Bank of America’s MENA Investment Banking team is looking for strong Analyst's and Associates to join the Dubai office. Key competencies sought6 day agoShareDubai
F&B Captain - Banquet (141571)Shangri-La HotelsShangri-La Hotel, Dubai The award-winning Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai offers luxurious accommodations, exceptional dining and gracious hospitality in the heart of one of6 day agoShareDubai
Analytics Product ManagerMajid Al FuttaimMajid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail6 day agoShareDubai
Analytics Product ManagerMajid al Futtaim PropertiesMajid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail6 day agoShareDubai