Supply Assistant, G5, Damascus, Syria (Temporary Appointment) , 2 posts #113011 & #112944
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, strength
The Supply& Logistics Section in overall is going through a transitional period where the whole section, especially the Procurement unit is deprived of a part of its staffing. In addition, the team is facing a demanding programmatic need and must provide substantive support to enable the CO achieve its goals in a challenging operating context. All together has led to the need to get additional workforce in order to reinforce the capacity of the Section to adequately respond to the office needs and expectations. Learn how we are supporting children across Syria to reach their full potential via this link https://www.unicef.org/syria/
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Supply Officer/Supply& Procurement Officer, the Supply Assistant will ensure accurate and timely processing of procurement requisitions (Sales Orders), supports procurement and contracting processes including drafting of tender documents, purchase orders/contracts and follows through to closure of the order, with the overall goal of meeting the needs and requirements for UNICEF programmes.
- Reviews incoming demands/requisitions/sales orders to ensure completeness and appropriateness of specifications/Terms of Reference. Drafts tender documents (Requests for Quotations, Invitations to Bid, Requests for Proposals), and supports the implementation of the tender process.
- Supports sourcing of relevant suppliers of goods and services.
- Supports evaluations of offers through e.g. preparation of tabulation sheets and assists in analysis of offers.
- Drafts submissions to Contract Review Committee.
- Drafts contracts and/or purchase orders.
- Ensures appropriate documentation of processes and data is kept on file.
- Maintains all data to ensure correctness and availability of information for source and availability plan, logistics plan, delivery plan and actual delivery schedule.
- Prepares Direct Orders (Purchase Orders) against existing Long-Term Arrangements (LTA) ensuring that the LTA has valid quantities and lead-time meets requirements.
- Works closely with suppliers to ensure quality assurance and timeliness of deliverables.
- Ensures continuous availability of data related to procurement including forecasting, requisitions received, orders placed, incoming goods, actual delivery schedules. Prepares periodic reports, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Completion of secondary school education is required. Preferably supplemented by training in procurement, management, finance and accounting, logistics, planning and/or negotiation skills. Certifications in supply chain, procurement or logistics is an advantage.
- Minimum five years of work experience, in procurement or other administrative function in a humanitarian organization or a commercial working environment.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The Functional competencies required for this post are:
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Planning and Organizing
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
The VA is open to all (internal and external candidates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Contract Duration: 364 days
Opening Date Wed Feb 12 2020 01:00:00 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time) Syria Standard Time
Closing Date Tue Feb 25 2020 15:55:00 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
Junior Business Development ExecutiveARMADA INFOTECHFull-timePreferred Candidate Career Level: Junior level Years of Experience: Minimum 2 years Residence Location: Dubai Degree: Bachelor / Master’s Degree Age group: 21 to45 minute agoShareDubai
Telesales ManagerQuest Search and SelectionRef: JO-2208-110398 | Negotiable | Location:Dubai, United Arab Emirates | Added:27/09/22 Quest is working in partnership with a sports equipment and digital1 hour agoShareDubai
Executive AssistantAllianz PartnersPermanent +1We are Allianz Partners. The leader in assistance and insurance solutions in the areas of international health, assistance, automotive and travel insurance. Allianz1 hour agoShareUAE
Design Architect (Emirati Arabi Uniti)azienda/studio: JT & PartnersFull-timeWe are looking talented Architects, passionate about design and driven by creativity with 8 years of experience in designing a project from the early stage of2 hour agoShareDubai
EHS Manager (UAE National Exclusive role)Enroll Me ConsultancyUAE National Exclusive role: We at Enrollme HR Consultancy FZE is urgently hiring candidates for EHS Manager with solid experience in EHS department within a large2 hour agoShareSharjah