Architectural Designer - Senior
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. At our core we embody an entrepreneurial spirit, always looking ahead for new ways to innovate and add to our clients' success. Our work reflects a commitment to sustainability and the belief that design has the power to transform organizations and change lives; whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building.
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Architectural Designer to join our Abu Dhabi studio. Qualified applicants should have a minimum of 10 years of postgraduate experience in Architecture. The position requires both strong exceptional design skills and a portfolio of innovative design solutions with an emphasis on built work. Candidates must be team oriented with a passion for mentoring and teaching.
As a Senior Architectural Designer, you will create and develop overall design concepts, formulate design presentation strategies, and provide creative and process leadership to multiple design teams through all phases of projects and a variety of project types – Commercial Office Buildings and Towers, Retail, Hospitality, Mixed Use and Entertainment.
What You Will Do
- Interaction with “high touch” clients while representing Gensler at meetings and presentations.
- Developing programming, consulting, strategic planning, conceptual designs, space planning, presentations, design development, and production.
- Leading, developing and mentoring the architectural design team.
- Working with Senior Management in business development efforts.
- 10+ years’ professional experience including proven track record of leading the design of large-scale projects such as corporate headquarters, commercial or mixed-use projects
- Advanced degree in Architecture or Design preferred with a rigorous design education
- Experience creating and developing overall design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies with an understanding of trends in large, shell/core architectural design
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills
- Proven track record of success in maintaining and growing client relationships
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships across the firm, with clients, and with other key constituents
- Strong, persuasive communicator with excellent verbal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex design concepts to clients
- International design experience a plus
- A desire to mentor team members, offer guidance and leadership
- Experience with Revit, Cad and other documentation software
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship-management skills
Life at Gensler
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and wellness programs. We also offer profit sharing and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Come and be a part of our Constellation of Stars.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.
Interior Fitout (Multiple roles)-Apply before July 29,2021Enroll Me ConsultancyOne of our prestigious client, a leading trading group dealing with INTERIOR FITOUT , is URGENTLY looking for candidates for the below positions (1 position23 hour agoShareDubai
Datacenter Security Operations ManagerMicrosoftOverview: Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud platforms and services that millions of people use every day. With more1 day agoShareDubai
Guest Services Executive - Front Office - Burj Al ArabJumeirahGuest Services Executive - Front Office - Burj Al Arab - (210000WG) About Jumeirah and the Hotel: At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our1 day agoShareDubai
Paralegal/Legal Executive (6m FTC) - CAD - DubaiPinsent MasonsDepartment / team: Transactional Services – Corporate Job Title: Paralegal/ Legal Executive (6 months FTC) Location: Dubai Overview of Role Working as part1 day agoShareDubai
Manager, Consumer Protection - Temporary RoleCommercial Bank of DubaiDESCRIPTION Job Purpose: This is a key Consumer protection implementation and management role to support the bank in developing, monitoring and tracking adherence to1 day agoShareDubai