Assistant Front Office Manager
We are Heartists®
“Heartist®” describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we’re experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we’re connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Adagio & Ibis Styles
We create memorable stories for our guests and fellow Heartists® offering personalized experiences with a Glocalized urban touch.
We discover together and are flexible to our guest’s discerning needs.
Trendy, curious, creative and open minded blended with entrepreneurial spirit; our Heartists® bring life into the cluster.
- To ensure the smooth operation and coordination of the Rooms Division Department and Housekeeping, ensuring maximum occupancy and guest satisfaction, and adhering to the standard of service required by the hotel.
- To be efficient and diplomatic in dealing with situations involving any aspect of Front Office where the reputation or image of the hotel is represented.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
- Behaves and acts in an exemplary fashion, embodying the brand mindset
- Ensures that guests' stay at the hotel runs smoothly, helping to provide guest satisfaction at all times thanks to his/her thorough knowledge of the hotel
- Ensures the respect of procedures and hygiene and safety standards
- Manages and motivates Front Office team in line with the brand's recommended behavioural guidelines, in order to provide personalised high quality guest services
- Manages headcount and organisation for optimum efficiency in compliance with legislation
- Modifies working methods to comply with the brand philosophy
- Develops team members' skills and guides them in their professional development
- Ensures that the appropriate information is given and received by his/her team, to and from the other departments
- Defines the best structure for the team and changes it over time: prepares the work schedules according to each team member's skills and brand developments
- Ensures that invoicing and cash operations procedures are respected.
- Prepares the team's training plan and follows up implementation.
- Draws up the annual budget for the department, analyses results and implements any corrective actions required
- Establishes an efficient method of communication for coordination of all Departments with particular emphasis on GSO, credit, sales, housekeeping, maintenance, communication center and security.
- Assist in preparing with the respective teams, a yearly marketing plan for Front Office, which is the basis of the Rooms Annual Marketing Plan.
- Participates, if necessary, in the formulation of the Annual Marketing Plan and implement with each work place manager and Sales & Marketing Department effective sales and promotional activities to maximize revenues.
- Implements consistent guest recognition programs and maintain a relevant guest database.
- Participates in the Room Yield / Management meeting conducted together with Sales / Marketing.
- Ensures that all Heartists in his/her team report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, name badge and are displaying Heartist Behaviors at all times.
- Is fully aware and conversant of ISO9001/14001 and EarthCheck policies and procedures and is responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
- Recruits the headcount for his/her team
- Manages his/her team in an equitable manner and in accordance with local labor laws and Accor philosophy.
- Evaluates each member of his/her team at least once a year give team members’ regular feedback on their job performance.
- Displays exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
- Convenes meetings with his/her team at regular intervals for information purposes.
- Develops high quality relationships with guests, from the moment they arrive and throughout their stay, in order to encourage loyalty.
- Anticipates guests' needs and takes them into consideration.
- Handles any guest complaints that are not settled directly by members of the team.
- Informs guests about the formalities, any special conditions relating to their stay and the services available.
- Organises guests arrivals and departures.
- Coordinates room allocation with the housekeeping, handling any switches as necessary.
- Ensures that guest documentation and information is available and up-to-date.
- Formalises instructions as necessary and supervises guests application.
- Supervises the correct use and follow-up of applications centralising customer profiles and records.
- Applies and ensures application of labour legislation.
- Implements a dynamic sales policy in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing department and develops the team's sales skills.
- Trains the team to use the appropriate sales pitches and supervises implementation.
- Draws up the pricing and rooms strategy in conjunction with the Revenue Manager or Rooms Division Manager.
- Ensures the brand and/or Group's loyalty programme is promoted to guests.
- Ensures the team applies the inter-hotel coordination policy to encourage synergy within the marketplace.
- Makes sure that norms, standards and indicators are properly implemented and carries out regular checks. Suggests improvements if necessary.
- Ensures that hotel premises and equipment are always well presented and that they remain in good condition.
- Applies and ensures application of the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc).
- Supervises departmental orientation programs for new employees to make sure that they understand the policy and procedure of the hotel.
- Continuously seek ways to assist the Rooms Management maximize their revenues and profits.
- Supervises the room rates offered to a walk in guest in order to exceed forecast average rate.
- Identifies market needs both within the hotel and the local market.
- Plans and implements effective up-selling activities to ensure maximum revenue.
- Attends promotional functions as appropriate.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Oversees Housekeeping team and liaise with Third party Housekeeping Manager for the housekeeping needs of the hotel.
- Supervises the consumption of cleaning products and welcome gifts to comply with predefined ratios
- Manages the stocks of linen, cleaning products and complimentary welcome gifts.
- Maintains and analyses dashboard charts (state of rooms, stocks of linen, welcome gifts and cleaning products, headcount planning, etc.) and implements any corrective actions required.
- Supervises the maintenance and security of hotel rooms and premises, in conjunction with the Security Department and Engineering.
- Ensures implementation of standards regarding hygiene, cleanliness and the safety of guests' property.
- Guarantees that rooms are cleaned and services provided to the highest standards, ensures that hotel linen and uniforms are cleaned efficiently.
- Is responsible for the department's "masterkeys" and their correct use.
- Ensures the high quality of any services provided by a third-party (linen hire, cleaning, florists etc).
- Handles supplier relations through Purchasing Coordinator.
- Regularly checks the schedule for building work together with the Engineering Department.
- Ensures that all Departmental Operations Manuals are prepared and updated annually.
- Updates dashboard charts (revenue, occupancy rates, average room rate, activity forecasts, headcount planning, etc)
- Ensures that guest history records are accurately maintained and all recurring guests are pre-registered.
- Ensures that documentation and information in hotel rooms is well presented and up-to-date.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
Our values are our common language, they drive us every day. Embodied in and flowing through our Heartist program, a symbol of our identity and culture, these values are the bedrock that binds us to the Group. They perpetuate and spread -beyond professions, persons, countries and cultures- the sense of hospitality and service, our strength and nourishment of the Group’s success worldwide.
We obsess over our customers. Our guests are the driver of our decisions and our actions. We put them first, we care for them. We go the extra mile for them. We enjoy doing it.
We believe that hospitality has the power to unlock a better tomorrow. We act for good to support & empower the communities in which we live and protect the planet that you visit.
We are connected with the world, and to others. We enjoy the mix of cultures. We are proud of our differences. We put you first and we value you, whoever you are. We care for the planet
Spirit of Conquest
Our guests are globetrotters, and so are we. We want to be where they want to be. We explore, we initiate, and we develop. We are ambitious for our guests. We make the impossible possible, we have fun doing it.
Hospitality is a team sport, and we’re stronger when we trust and support each other. We believe in natural kindness, respect our differences and value all voices. We work as one team, to say what we do, and do what we say.
We dare to challenge the status quo. We embrace innovation and challenge ourselves to do things better and faster. We take risks, dream the impossible and make it possible.
Assistant Project Manager (site based)GHDJoin a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. Working13 minute agoShareAbu Dhabi
Executive AssistantMark WilliamsSalary: Negotiable Job Reference:FD9 Location:Array Division: Our client, a top government entity in Abu Dhabi is currently looking for a Executive Assistant to13 minute agoShareUAE
ASSISTANT MANAGER TRAININGHyatt Regency DubaiSummary You will be responsible to provide an excellent and consistent level of administrative support to your customers. The Assistant Manager - Training is13 minute agoShareDubai
LAUNDRY MANAGERGrand Hyatt Abu DhabiSummary You will be responsible for the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting13 minute agoShareAbu Dhabi
Housekeeping AttendantThe First CollectionOverview: Our Company – Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Welcome to the largest hotel company in the world. At Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, our Team Members have14 minute agoShareDubai