Civil Engineer (Buildings)
16833BRCivil Engineer (Buildings)
Stantec Abu Dhabi is currently seeking a Civil Engineer to support on ongoing site projects.
Key Tasks and Duties include:
- Prepare engineering designs from conceptual design, through tender to construction.
- Apply professional seal to construction documents or engineering reports. Monitor and take professional responsibility for design completed by other team members.
- Lead team members in determining viable solutions for design issues.
- Ensure Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) procedures are followed during project planning and production.
- Assist Project Managers in developing project budgets and timelines.
- Assist in the coordination of project design activities and the preparation of engineering work schedules.
- Work to and meet project time lines and budgets.
- Liaise with owners, architects, and other project stakeholders to determine project objectives. Relay objectives to project team. Ensure project objectives are met.
- Coordinate design work with other disciplines, other offices, and other project team members as required by project size.
- Support Construction Administration personnel including field reviews and co-ordination, review and issuance of change notices, clarifications and RFI responses on an occasional or as required basis
- Coach Intermediate and Junior Staff members informally or through formal presentations.
- Assist the management team in developing tools and techniques for the execution of daily duties.
Candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- A guideline of 8 years’ experience of a wide range of relevant projects, including experience of leading projects / project teams. Excellent materials and construction detailing knowledge.
- Results oriented to meet client expectations, budgets and deadlines.
- Very strong Working knowledge of Etabs, Safe, SAP, STAAD, Prokon, AutoCAD, and Revit
- Some knowledge of MS office suite, e.g. Word, Excel, etc.
- Deep knowledge of American codes required
- Some knowledge of construction practices
- Knowledge of Eurocodes is a plus
- Site experience is a plus. Enthusiastic, highly motivated, organized, professional and able to communicate effectively – verbal, written and graphically. Highly skilled in computer and/or manual drawing and presentation.
- A high level of ability in conceptual design and design development. Able to illustrate and communicate conceptual thinking. Robust knowledge of tools, documentation, processes and procedures relevant to your discipline.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
United Arab Emirates
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)
United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi
Facility Department-Fire and Safety OfficerNMC Specialty ALNJob Summary: The Fire and Safety Officer is responsible for safeguarding people and property in occupied buildings, facilities, and grounds of NMC Royal7 hour agoShareAl-Ayn
Engineering Supervisor @ Hotel Indigo Dubai DowntownIHG CNAbout Us A little curiosity can take you anywhere. So, at Hotel Indigo ®,we do more than satisfy our guests' curiosity, we inspire them. Our passionate colleagues3 day agoShareDubai
Administrator - OperationsWesco InternationalJob responsibilities Logistics & shipping knowledge (Inbound /Outbound) Good negotiation skills should be abreast with the market conditions. To be able to3 day agoShareUAE
Plumbing AssistantSerco PlcMake a difference every day The Job Opportunity To ensure satisfactory completion of the allocated planned and reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and remedial3 day agoShareDubai
Property Management Staff Required For CSiCare: Technical support of our managed apartment buildings Expert advice and support of the owners and tenants Organizational performance of maintenance and restoration5 day agoShareDubai