Employment: Full Time
Manages and provides direct patient care, medical direction and advice within the Critical Care Department. Administratively responsible for the critical care department. Provides training, CME opportunities and clinical guidance to ICU medical staff in the Hospital.
• Supervises all clinical activities of the department.
• Coordinates with the Head of Department on all administrative activities of the department.
• Coordinates and integrates services intradepartmentally and interdepartmentally.
• Develops the policies and procedures that guide provision of services.
• Determines the qualifications and assesses the competency of all members of the department.
• Provides ongoing assessment and improvement of the department’s performance.
• Develops and maintains appropriate quality control programs for the department.
• Provides orientation, in-service education, and continuing education of all personnel in the department.
• Advocates for an interdicsiplinary approach to care delivery.
• Promotes research within the department and Al Qassimi Hospital .
• Clinically manages the care and treatment of all critically ill patients who are admitted to the Intensive Care Unit.
• Coordinates the management of patients in the ICU and works with physicians of other specialties.
• Responds to all Code Blue calls in the Surgical ICU and other areas of the Al Qassimi Hospital
• Participates in department in-services and attends staff meetings.
• Regulary reports, as required, on the KPIs that are to be reported upon regarding the activities in the Department.
• Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship and ongoing communications with medical staff and other department heads.
• Ensures the Department / Clinical Unit Manager is informed of and aware of significant events and activities in the area(s) of responsibility.
• Ensures ICML is is informed of and aware of significant events and activities in the area(s) of responsibility and ensure collection and compilationof all documentations, IP and other relevant information about ICML activities within the Department as may be required by ICML.
• Provides input to the monthly reports to be produced by the Clinical Director to the ICML Project Manager and to ICML on the activities of the Department with particular emphasis on the activities of the ICML Staff at the Department for the preceeding month highlighting areas of success, areas of deficiency and forecasting possible future encumbrances including laying out the steps for oversoming the same with the aim of providing safe and efficient healthcare services;
• Generally has a duty of care to ICML and works with and works with and cooperates fully with ICML and the ICML Project Manager in the implementation of all aspects of the Agreement between ICML’s Client and ICML;
Medical Doctor degree or recognized equivalent
Post-Graduate qualification in speciality such as Critical Care Medicine, Intensive Care Medicine, Surgery, Respirology or Anaesthesia
Active membership in the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons or equivalent
Active Registration to Practice Medicine within specialty from country of origin
Current ACLS certification.
Recent academic and teaching experience and/or research publications
Will be required to obtain ATLS certification within a given time period
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience in an active treatment hospital within his/her specialty
• Previous management of a multi-specialty critical care environment required
• Instructor level BCLS/ACLS is desirable
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
• Basic Arabic language knowledge considered a plus
Team leader and team player
Able to develop good interpersonal relationships
Excellent communication skills
Flexible to needs of service
MedServe is one of Middle East's fastest growing healthcare management consulting company specializing in varied healthcare solutions in the GCC region.
Established in 2014 with a vision to offer a vast array of innovative solutions and services to address the dynamic and complex requirements of the healthcare industry, we have partnered with some of the leading medical professionals in the world who provide advisory services to deliver world class solutions.
MedServe, a team of highly experienced and qualified professional that have the knowledge and skills to enhance the clients operations in Hospital Management, Hospital Development and Human Capital Services.
Information Security Consultant (Dubai)MandiantCompany Description Since 2004, Mandiant has been a trusted partner to security-conscious organizations. Effective security is based on the right combination of22 hour agoShareDubai
Client Advisor - Tanagra - TEMPORARY CONTRACTChalhoub GroupWho we are We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have1 day agoShareDubai
Immigration ConsultantBorderless Migration ServicesAED2,475 - AED7,195 a monthBorderless Migration is Hiring!!!We need energetic individuals with strong selling skills for the position of Immigration Consultant professional to join our team, who4 day agoShareDubai
Expert - Capability DevelopmentMichael Page AEJob Description Manage the design, development, and delivery of capability programmes, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring they are aligned4 day agoShareAbu Dhabi
Administrator/ConsultantSeargin Sp. z o.o.Seargin is looking for Administrator/Consultant Position: Informatica Administrator/Consultant Technologies: Informatica, ETL, Data Quality Location: Remote Country:5 day agoShareRemote