The Product Controller I manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an intergral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business.
- Contributes to the integrity and control of company’s financial books and records as well as the process by which these records are generated.
- Participates in efforts to embed consistent controls and unify various controller functions performed across businesses including; assessing & standardizing financial reporting; setting controls around corporate/regulatory reporting; recommend balance sheet integrity.
- Responsible for strengthening the independent controls and the control environment throughout the company to support the business in efforts to grow responsibly.
- Develops and manages the financial controlling function for a Business product line.
- Partners strategically with the Lead Finance Officer.
- Manages both internal and external reporting and regulatory reporting.
- Defines and implements financial controls that are aligned with business strategy and goals.
- Manages through other managers or a large team of senior professionals.
- Manages end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and makes a significant contribution to future strategy of the business.
- Applies a comprehensive understanding of how the finance organization contributes to achieving the objectives of the business.
- Primarily affects finance function through significant impact in terms of size of team managed.
- Integrates a thorough understanding of the strategic direction of the finance function within the business with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in industry financial practices.
- Contributes to the medium- to long-term planning for broad issues affecting the business.
- As the internally and externally recognized Finance subject matter expert, influences the way things are done, not only internally, but beyond the business itself.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years experience with extensive experience managing large regional and possibly global areas.
- Uses excellent communication skills to negotiate internally and externally at senior levels. Possesses expert level of knowledge, skills and abilities required to resolve most issues referred by subordinate managers and staff.
- Bachelors/University degree, Master’s degree preferred; managerial experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AE
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.
PERMITTING OFFICERENIPermanentOPEN DATE-CLOSING DATE: 28/11/2022-26/01/2023 Near East-United Arab Emirates-ABU DHABI-AE-ABU DHABI PROFESSIONAL FAMILY: INTEGRATED HSE PROCESS Home3 day agoShareAbu Dhabi
Site SupervisorOmnix InternationalJob Responsibilities Reconcile architectural and MEP drawings against site conditions and the sub-contractors/vendors installation and report any findings/options to4 day agoShareUAE
Operations ExecutiveMajid Al FuttaimMajid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail4 day agoShareUAE
ICT Consultancy Lead - DubaiRed Engineering Design LtdICT Consultancy Lead - Dubai In support of its continued expansion, RED ICT require a Consultancy Lead to head up its Middle East & Africa Design team.1 week agoShareDubai
Civil/Utility InspectorParsonsFull-timeJob Description: Civil/Utility Inspector Dubai Parsons is hiring Civil/Utility Inspector. At this level, the Inspectors document nonconformance and may1 week agoShareDubai