Deputy Head, Primary - September 2021
About the role
Due to internal promotion, we are now recruiting a Deputy Head of Primary to join the team from September 2021. The post holder will be responsible for supporting the schools Vision and Mission as well as all policies, academic standards and pastoral support in the Primary school.
The successful applicant will deputise for the Head of Primary as required and assist in shaping & implementing the educational strategy for the school.
Key responsibilities include supporting the Head of Primary with :
- Embracing and encouraging the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Ensuring high academic standards in the Primary school in relation to the schools own desire for all students to be the best they can as well as a commitment to the UAE National Agenda targets.
- Managing budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties as reasonably delegated by the Principal.
- Leading the Primary team –including performance management.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
- An effective and dynamic leader with a proven track record in sustained school improvement that can be demonstrated through hard data.
- Rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
- Able to demonstrate successful experience of leading and managing staff and promoting and developing innovative approaches to learning
- Experienced in developing teacher’s skills and competencies through a sustained school improvement model such as coaching.
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of best practice pedagogy.
- Able to demonstrate a desire to be innovative and creative in the provision offered for GFM learners to ensure all can succeed.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to inclusion
- Able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
The successful applicant will be:
- A fully certified teacher, holding a B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
- Passionate about providing outstanding teaching and learning
- Highly experienced in National Curriculum for England
- Efficient in people development and have proven leadership and communication abilities
We know that when it comes to being a great place to work, it helps to make sure our people feel valued; GEMS prides itself on providing staff with the opportunity to grow and develop within the Organisation. You will be able to access and contribute to our world class Professional Development and Leadership Programmes as well as work with our internationally recognized GEMS advisors who are leading experts in their field.
About the benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package
Head of InclusionAjman AcademyAjman Academy is a forward thinking and progressive school that places students at the centre of its decision making processes. We are seeking an effective and talented5 hour agoShareDubai
Business Analyst (E-commerce)Sana CommerceConsultancy United Arab Emirates, Dubai Anjali Jainandunsing Teamlead Recruitment - EMEA/APAC +31 10 423 6010 [email protected] At Sana Commerce,5 hour agoShareDubai
Software ArchitectVirtua Advanced SolutionCompany Description Trans Skills is a trusted advisor to many of the Middle East’s most respected organizations and a leading Human Resources Services Firm with5 hour agoShareDubai
Fabrication Foreman / SupervisorGlobal Transformers & Switchgears FZCOPosition Reports to: Production Head Primary Objective: Supervise fabrication trades and semi-skilled employees to en- sure assigned work conforms to quality, time and5 hour agoShareDubai
QC Team LeaderJulpharJob Title: QC Team Leader Division: QUALITY CONTROL Country: UNITED ARAB EMIRATES Work Location: UAE (RAK head office) Job Type: QC Team Leader Employment Type: Full5 hour agoShareRas al-Khaimah