Front Office Supervisor
“Whatever story you choose, you are the star”
At Meliá Hotels International, you have the power to create your future. For us, the most important thing is your talent: We share the passion that makes you put your heart into everything you do, day after day. We are by your side to help you go beyond your limits, to celebrate every victory with you. Because together, we are the stars of our own stories.
ME by Meliá is a collection of hotels in which culture, lifestyle and The ME People community come together to create an inimitable personality. Each hotel is connected to the destination, becoming the social epicenter of the city and attracting the best of the local cultural scene. Music, art, design, fashion and gastronomy make up the ME scene to provide visitors with an experience beyond accommodation. If you radiate energy and have a personal style that captivates others, if you like to follow the latest trends and live for the moment; if you love music, culture and new technologies… Then you connect with the ME by Meliá brand.
- To assist in the administration and management of the daily operation of the Front of House departments which include the Reception Agent, Concierge, Runner, Doorman, and Valet; ensuring guest satisfaction and maximum customer care through efficient and courteous service, to the required standards of the hotel.
Keeps abreast of the newest trends and innovations in the industry. Maintains an awareness of competitor activity and best practices
Takes a proactive approach to maximizing the efficiency of the department assuring the standards of quality are as expected. Plans with time in advance all the required actions, tools, and manning in order to guarantee a smooth operation of the department.
Is a valid communicator via email and also verbally with the guests, associates, including managers, as well as with the concerned authorities.
- To cover the Night Manager when He/She is not on duty.
- Be familiar with the functions of the day and assist with the arrival of VIPs.
- Possess a positive, motivated, friendly, trustworthy outlook whilst on duty.
- To become an ambassador for the Hotel at any time you would be representing the company.
- Conduct ongoing training with existing team members and ensure that new team members are certified as required.
- Ensure a high level of product knowledge and area knowledge within the Front of House Team – be personally confident to perform hotel site inspections for walk in clients.
- Conduct performance appraisals of designated staff as required.
- VIPs – Oversee all aspects of such guests’ visits with the Aura Experience Team(s) ensuring that:
- their accommodation is ready on arrival, assigned from the day before if the availability allows
- accommodation is serviced to the very highest standard for arrival and reporting any shortfalls to the Housekeeping Manager
- The correct amenities with correctly addressed welcome card is delivered in advance of arrival and thereafter maintained on a daily basis.
- any arrangements for these guests are followed up and actioned.
- Meet Group Co-ordinators/MICE Organizers maintaining contact with them throughout their visit and ensuring their needs are anticipated and the operation runs smoothly.
- Co-ordinate all group requests and needs with the relevant Departments/Managers.
- Ability to understand and exceed guests’ expectations and needs.
- Ability to work without supervision, polite and helpful to both colleagues and guests, receptive to feedback, good communication skills, friendly, enthusiastic and a willingness to learn.
What benefits do we have for you?
- If you love to travel, Melia Hotels International is the place to work. We have excellent discounts through our global My MeliaRewards program for you, your family, and friends.
- At Melia the protagonist is you! You choose how far you want to go, and for this, we have different development plans in order to offer you opportunities for growth and to fulfill your professional dream. In addition, you can have international experiences if you wish, because we are located in more than forty countries!
- Meliá Hotels International has developed a learning model focused on you, centered around continuous and experiential learning that can accompany you in your professional development. Because if you evolve, Melià evolves with you.
- Corporate Social Responsibility is of vital importance to us, and for this reason, we give the opportunity to participate in different events and social activities of diversity and social inclusion, always highlighting our values and purpose.
What will it be like to work for Meliá Hotels International?
Meliá Hotels International is unique among the 20 largest international hotel groups in having an origin in leisure and the ideal size to combine exceptional hospitality with management that is efficient and close to its stakeholders. All of this, along with our Spanish warmth and passion, makes us distinct and different.
At Meliá Hotels International you are the protagonist. The combination of your talent and your passion with our desire to grow by your side has no limits. Together, we will step forward with the strength of a great company. Together, we’ll turn the future into an amazing story.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, religion, age, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company.
If you want to know more about what it's like to work with Meliá, follow us on:
INSTAGRAM - TWITTER - LINKEDIN - FACEBOOK
Category ManagerHitachi Energy L.L.CFull-timeDescription General information: You as a Category Manager will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Dubai, UAE. You will be developing, planning, and1 day agoShareRemote in Dubai
Electrical Site ManagerHitachi Energy Systems LLCFull-timeDescription General information: You as an Electrical Site Manager will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Abu Dhabi; UAE. You will be leading all on-site1 day agoShareRemote in Abu Dhabi
Manager, Corporate Investigations EMEAGSKSite Name: UAE - Dubai Posted Date: Mar 29 2023 Are you a professional Corporate Investigator who is excited by the challenge of being a key role player in the1 day agoShareDubai
Business Consultant - Corporate Services & Business Set-UpMarkAI GroupJob Profile - Business Consultant - Corporate Services & Business Set-Up Location: Dubai Job Discription: Business Consultant - Corporate Services &1 day agoShareDubai
.Net DeveloperKeoghsPermanentDo you want to work for a forward-thinking, award winning in-house software development team? Does working in a positive culture matter to you? You will1 day agoShareRemote