Power BI Developer
Add the Middle East to your global professional experience and have the opportunity to work on some of the leading Digital Transformation programs. @Virtusa, we apply deep technical expertise with strong industry focus to create solutions that drive digital business. Every Virtusan is empowered to innovate by challenging the norms. This spirit of cooperative disruption drives every contributor to think beyond today and build collectively for a better tomorrow. Agile in thought and transparent in action, our organization is innately driven to find a better way.
Virtusa is one of the fastest growing IT Services companies in the Middle East with a growing client base in the UAE, KSA and Qatar and we work with the leading Banking and Financial Services, Travel, Telecom and Enterprises firms in the region. We have partnered with our clients to win awards from Gartner, IDC, WfMC and other analyst for the work that we have delivered to our clients in the region.
Why would you not like to be part of this exciting and award winning team? Don’t listen to us, listen to our customers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrDNtTLKkPc, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhzhZt1GJvM)
- Develop and Maintain business intelligence data visualizations using Microsoft Power BI
- The core responsibilities will be to develop high performance data visualizations, reports, dashboards, and provide ad-hoc reporting.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Be comfortable with initial ambiguity and offer solutions to lead a Client down the right path
- Support rapid prototyping and coordinate business requests and specifications with a Business Analytics Designer and Customers
- Validate that visualizations perform as expected in an operational setting
- Ensure developed visualizations are high quality and comply standards around font, color, whitespace or other branding elements
- Develop semantic layer organization that will be visible to end-users
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Proficiency with all areas Power BI , SSRS , Hadoop , Dashboards, Reports, Scheduling, Publishing. Creation of Complex Data Models
- Deep understanding of Relational Models, Tabular Models, and Multi-Dimensional Models
- Ability to enhance models as needed for custom Visualization requests
- Strong SQL work experience and understanding – must have
- Experience with multiple Data Sources (SQL Server, (mandatory) Oracle, Teradata, Access, Excel)
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 21,000 people globally that cares about your growth — one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company, and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Primary Location: AE-DU-Dubai Schedule: Full Time Job Type: Experienced Travel: No Job Posting: 16/09/2021, 11:55:34 PM
Financial Compliance, Systems & Process Improvement Manager – GulfGSKSite Name: UAE - DubaiPosted Date: Oct 17 2021 Job Purpose To ensure GSK corporate compliance, risk & governance programs including internal controls (manual and6 hour agoShareDubai
Regional Key Account ManagercotyMain objectives Lead, Develop and manage Key Accounts at a regional level to optimize sales and revenue opportunities across the Coty portfolio of brands as6 hour agoShareDubai
VIP CoordinatorNMC Royal Hospital KLFJob Summary: To provide a range of reception intake and associated administrative services pertaining to incoming patients. The customer office executive will answer and8 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi
Assistant BuyerShoemart ConceptPurpose: - Develop strategic buying plans and ensure smooth buying operations through vendor identification, evaluation and selection etc., Develop and source suitable1 day agoShareUAE
Data Analyst - Supply ChainChalhoub GroupWho we are We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have2 day agoShareDubai