Regional Office Coordinator
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Req Id : 55341
Job Title : Regional Office Coordinator
Work Location : AEDUBAI2
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-TimeWho We Are
Here at Black & Veatch, we are driven to meet clients' rapidly changing infrastructure needs in generation, storage, transmission and distribution of safe, reliable electric power.
We are looking for a Regional Office Coordinator for our Europe, Middle East & Africa region, based out of Dubai.Regional Office Coordinator
The Regional Office Coordinator provides project and administrative support for the EMEA region. With minimal supervision, this role is responsible for a wide variety of duties and tasks to ensure smooth daily office operations, and is the main liaison between corporate and regional offices for many functions, such as Human Resources and Accounting. Day-to-day responsibilities are non-routine, requiring substantial independent judgment and problem-solving. In this role, the majority of time is spent completing office administrative activities. To be successful, the Regional Office Coordinatory develops knowledge of regional operation's policies and procedures, as well as in-depth knowledge of company policies and processes. Because this role has frequent contact with clients, suppliers, and company employees, a high level of confidentiality is often required.Calendar Management
Active, daily calendar management on behalf of the EMEA director providing administrative, logistical support. This includes but is not limited to:
- booking meetings (local and global with consideration of time zone impact to all participants)
- calendar blocking
- coordination of participant availability with participants
- eliminate double bookings
- ensure time is considered between meetings as well as logistic travel blocking.
- Obtaining the agenda ahead of meetings and capturing the minutes of meetings when required.
- Local and international logistics and bookings. (e.g. Covid travel restrictions, provide different flight and hotel options, recommend best options and do the booking and follow up).
- Daily follow up on trips and their requirements for ease of travel (e.g. book for PCR tests, early check-in or late check out at hotels, Car rentals, etc.).
- Advanced preparation required for meetings: parking, documents needed (e.g. briefing or CVs), time management to move between meetings, restaurant booking and reservation.
- Will maintain regional and management calendars and be asked from time-to-time to support other regional EMEA office.
Acts in the capacity of PRO (Public Relationship Officer)
- Follow up on employees’ and employees’ families visas, obligatory medical records, Emirates IDs, medical insurance company, etc..
- Follow up on all company’s requirements: license, license renewal, immigration card, establishment card, etc..
- Achieve an understanding on all the company’s local legal requirements.
- Support at local authorities, such as labor office, immigration office etc..
- Communicate with PRO companies (such as Fragemon), communicate with PROs of partners, communicate with authorities (and if needed, contact and go there to resolve matters).
- Facilitate local requirements for employees and their families (e.g. driving license, cars’ insurance companies).
Serves as administrative support to EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) director including but not limited to:
- Coordinates office activities, such as word processing, filing, mail, receptionist, payment of invoices, timesheet activities.
- Works directly with other support functions:
- Coordinates Human Resource-related activities, local procurement in alignment with global procurement team, and acts as liaison for IT and ESH&S activities.
- Reviews expense reports.
- Extracts reporting regularly and share with the EMEA management.
- Maintains follow up on action items. Itemizes the action items in Excel file with due dates, and follow up with the action owner regularly.
- Provides input regarding day-to-day office operations and manages office requirements.
- Takes care of day-to-day office equipment maintenance, coordinates repair.
- Review of and manage current service providers, their accounts, payables and deliveries. E.g. utilities, travel agency, local IT service provider, local service providers for the office (e.g. cleaners), lease payments, office supply, stationary, business cards etc
- Manage the payments to all service providers.
- Manages registration to events, conferences, exhibitions etc., conference agendas for B&V and registration of B&V professionals attending, contact cards, booth requirements, brochures, and sales items. Attendance at booth may be required.
- Composes routine or complex documents.
- Prepare external documents with company header and footer, stamping, print outs, double check certain points in documents as required by EMEA director.
- Assists with documentation (project correspondence, proposals, marketing slides for customers/events) and documentation management, records keeping and archiving
- Maintains all office files, documents, bank access and cards, stamps and manage the archiving process.
- Keeps all stamps, company bank cards, petty cash, etc. safe and document each use of them.
- Fluency, written and verbal, in both Arabic and English
- 10+ years relevant experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Advanced MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Word professional experience
- Adminstrative support and calendar management for a senior leader
- High-level attention to detail
- Initiative and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and reading comprehension
- Communication skills, including verbal and written skills
- Ethics and values, Integrity and trust
- Ability to make decisions and prioritize
- Enjoys problem-solving
- Expense Reporting Systems (Creating)
- Expense Reporting Policies and Procedures (Reviewing and approving)
- PeopleSoft and SuccessFactors Intermediate Users
- Travel Systems
- Telephony and Web conferencing
Advanced spreadsheet skills and advanced word processing skills needed. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.Work Environment/Physical Demands Normal office environment. Extended periods of monitor viewing. Stooping, crouching, talking, fingering, grasping, hearing, keyboard input, turning pages, typing and writing. Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects. Work involves sitting for extended periods of time.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. We offer professionals an array of health and welfare benefits that vary based on their geographic region and employment status. This may include health, life accident and disability insurances, paid time off, financial programs and more. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Intelligence ExecutiveChalhoub GroupWho we are We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have6 day agoShareDubai
Analyst / Associate, Investment Banking, DubaiBank of AmericaJob Description: Bank of America’s MENA Investment Banking team is looking for strong Analyst's and Associates to join the Dubai office. Key competencies sought6 day agoShareDubai
MANAGER - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENTHEDGE FINANCE LTDAED3,000 - AED5,000 a monthClient Management Customer Grievance management Lead Generation Documentation and processing of client registration and processing in coordination with Head Office,6 day agoShareDubai
Technical Services Manager, SBM BE&SL METAIGCP Applied TechnologiesGCP Applied Technologies Job Description Job Title: Technical Services Manager, SBM BE&SL METAI Function: Commercial METAI Business6 day agoShareDubai
Learning and Development Executive (141572)Shangri-La HotelsShangri-La Hotel, Dubai The award-winning Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai offers luxurious accommodations, exceptional dining and gracious hospitality in the heart of one of6 day agoShareDubai