UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY - Abu Dhabi, Emirate of Abu Dhabi
- Solves server-related solving problems on a daily basis.
- In support of change management within the data center, provides the CSC with information about the enterprise virtual Environments.
- Support the vSphere environments including activities such as design, maintenance & troubleshooting.
- Support Citrix environment including virtual applications and VDI’s
- Handle ongoing maintenance e.g., service pack installations, hot fixes, software upgrades, etc.
- Daily monitor and verifies all virtual environments are running smoothly.
- Monitor and follow up on the Virtual environment backups.
- Responsible of monitoring all virtual servers, VDI infrastructure and services.
- Management and updating of all virtual applications, virtual servers, VDI services.
- Co-ordinates work with vendors for support.
- Tests and deploys new virtual applications, virtual servers and VDI’s.
- Knowledge of IT Service Management frameworks.
- Design and execute VBScript, PowerShell scripts to automate bulk tasks.
- Performing standard administration responsibilities
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive documentation diagrams of the virtual environments.
- Perform pro-active support functions and reporting to maintain the integrity of the enterprise equipment and infrastructure.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree required in Computer Engineering/Science
- VCP certification would be beneficiary
- 3 years’ experience in related work
- Good Knowledge of MS Active Directory required.
- Knowledge of Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 administration.
- Practical experience with Server Virtualization.
- Experience in designing complex virtual infrastructure solutions in a mid-to-large scale data center.
- Experience with VMware, CITRIX virtualization
- Knowledge of Veeam Backup and replication.
- Knowledge in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Have a general knowledge of server technologies, and network and enterprise storage technologies.
- Good communication skills & Report Writing Skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required, should be available 24/7 on-call in case of major services outage.
- Strong problem solving, testing, and network troubleshooting skills
Division Information Technology Division-CIO
Department Infrastructure&Core Techno. Section
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 7000 to 18000 AED
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Jobs that might suit you
Logistics-Warehouse ManagerArabian Packaging Co.Job Title LOGISTICS /Warehouse Manager Report to Manager Supply Chain Manager Supervise Logistics team leaders, Shift In Charge,, logistics team. Role Purpose1 hour agoShareDubai
Front Office SupervisorIBIS STYLESWe are Heartists® “Heartist®” describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we’re experts in what we1 hour agoShareDubai
Operator – Conversion MachineArabian Packaging Co.Job Title OPERATOR – CONVERSION MACHINE Reporting to Shift Supervisor / Production Supervisor Supervise Asst Operators , Helpers Job role The Conversion1 hour agoShareDubai
Customer Service OfficerArabian Packaging Co.Job Title Customer Service Officer - CBD Reporting to CS Manager Role Purpose To support sales / key accounts executive in respect to account management, enquires,1 hour agoShareDubai
QA-MRArabian Packaging Co.Job Title QA – MR Report to Manager HSE Manager Role Purpose QA- MR is responsible for overseeing all aspects of quality management system , auditing and1 hour agoShareDubai