The purpose of the Brand Manager is to support the Head of Brand and Content in progressively aligning all DP World activities with the brand strategy. As part of the Brand and Content Centre of Excellence, the scope of the role is global and Group-wide, including all subsidiary companies.
Key responsibilities are to help all businesses, functions and regions to use the Brand Purpose to deliver a consistent and coherent sense of what the DP World brand stands for; and to implement the new Global Visual Identity across all expressions of the brand in all contexts .
Strategy . To support the Head of Brand and Content in developing and implementing DP World Global Brand Strategy, based on:
- the Brand Purpose; the Global Brand Architecture and VI system; and Global Brand Communications Strategy
- the ‘business case’ for the role of the brand in supporting long-term Group business success
- a clear strategic appraisal of the challenges and opportunities to be addressed in driving company-wide Brand Transformation and thus in building and sustaining DP World brand strength and valu e
Planning . To develop and manage an Annual Brand Management Plan that:
- highlights priorities in helping Communications colleagues, Businesses, Functions and Agencies to ensure that their activities are ‘on-brand’, across the full spectrum of paid, earned, shared and owned media channels
- details the key initiatives to be led and delivered directly by Brand and Content ( for example, the Global Brand Campaign)
- progresses the embedding of professional brand management on a company-wide basis (including proposals for internal stakeholder engagement, skills development and training)
Implementation . To act as the day-to-day reference point for on-brand approval and guidance during Implementation activities:
- reviewing implementation proposals and submissions, and providing appropriate guidance and recommendations in a timely and practical manner
- providing toolkits and templates to help teams in all regions to ensure conformance with brand strategy and VI rules
- co hosting monthly Brand and Content meetings alongside the Content Manager and regional communications colleagues
Tracking & Measurement. To establish and report on a high-level dashboard of metrics to:
- track progress in implementing the new VI system and in aligning Group-wide messaging
- measure the performance of key initiatives ( like the Global Brand Campaign ) against objectives
- measure progress over time in building DP World brand strength and value, also focusing on trust and reputation
- introducing a brand tracker to the Group for Masterbrand, sub brands and other brands
Tactical Responsiveness. To maintain the flexibility and agility to respond to short-term changes, including.
- changes in the competitive environment ( based on regular monitoring of competitor activities )
- unforeseen business problems or opportunities
- ‘Crisis Management’
Continuous Improvement. To work with the Head of Brand and Content to encourage and nurture a culture of innovation designed to:
- explore new and better ways of telling of brand stories on both internal and external platforms
- develop new brand growth opportunities for the Group
- draw on experience and learning from the best practices of other leading brand owners and Agency specialists ( including maintaining a roster of preferred suppliers for various kinds of brand work)
Compliance. To constantly adhere to and actively promote behaviours which reflect the DP World Brand Purpose while specifically meeting all agreed standards for DP World Brand and Visual Identity
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- The paramount qualification is a proven track record in global brand management – not simply in particular communications disciplines but with responsibility for all aspects of brand development and implementation ( from positioning and VI development through to executions across the full range of media channels, including digital and social)
- The requirement is for an experienced practitioner in planning and implementing brand programs at global, regional, and local levels - with evidence of creativity, innovation and the ability to link the development of reputational capital with commercial performance.
- Experience of project management within complex situations and environments is essential, as is the capability to deliver against agreed objectives and targets. An understanding of how large companies operate and the ability to build cross-functional teams with good stakeholder management skills and experience of rolling out change management programs
- Leadership qualities are needed, with an emphasis on strong inter-personal skills. Accomplished communication and team working skills are necessary, as are sensitivity to cross-cultural differences and a positive perspective on issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
- Commercial acumen and experience in the analysis and use of both quantitative and qualitative data and insights is essential.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, who proactively identifies issues and opportunities with minimal supervision. Able to have a proactive hands-on approach as well as taking a step back and thinking long-term . Excellent time management and organisational skills, multi-tasker, willing to take the initiative. Able to thrive in team situations, actively contributing thinking that enhances and/or challenges key assumptions. A willingness to push thinking, attack issues from multiple angles and stretch to provide outstanding brand solutions. Accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- The successful candidate will be well-educated to tertiary level. A high level of proficiency in both spoken and written English is essential. Knowledge of Arabic would be a bonus.
Medical Representative - CVRMAstraZenecaFull-timeJOB TITLE Medical Representative ABOUT ASTRAZENECA AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery,1 day agoShareDubai
Finance Operations ManagerKPMG UAEJOB DESCRIPTION Job / Role title Manager Finance and Operations Service (Sub-department) Advisory Operations Hierarchical level Manager - C grade Job /1 day agoShareRemote in Dubai
Voyage Coordinator-ST STJS-AIMS VMStolt-NielsenFull-timeWe are looking for a Voyage Coordinator to support our Deepsea Commercial team in Dubai! Are you an enthusiastic and analytical person with an inquisitive and1 day agoShareUAE
Manager Sales & Service, Arabian AdventuresThe Emirates GroupJob Purpose: The Manager Sales & Service will lead and develop all aspects of Destination Management Companies (DMC) Customer/Client Experience, be the custodian and1 day agoShareDubai
Load Control ManagerThe Emirates GroupJob Purpose: Managing the overall Load Control and Ramp Operation performance through the development, monitor, measurement and improvement of Load Control and Ground1 day agoShareDubai