Commis 2 (Hot Kitchen)
Wyndham Dubai Deira is now seeking a Commis 2 to join our team at Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The role holder will be responsible for preparing all food items in the hot kitchen, based on standardized recipes, for the Restaurants, Room Service and Banquets, while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are met
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to hotel standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the opening of the restaurant to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service operating hours.
Managing Food Preparation
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel standards.
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling, poaching, deep-frying, sauté, braising, roasting and par-cooking.
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and dairy and meat products.
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
Managing Food cost, Portion control and Food Hygiene practices
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, etc.
- Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare and service food for the Team Members Cafeteria as specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Clear buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment properly at the end of the shift.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits always to avoid possible injury to self or other team members.
- Use Production Charts as specified by hotel’s standards.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that needs help.
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards to food and storage standards and safety.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain a “Clean as You Go” policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Cost control skills
- Food Hygiene knowledge
- Takes initiative
- Organization skills
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- College diploma or Diploma from a reputed Culinary School
- At least 2 years of experience in similar capacity in a 4/5 star hotel
- Ability to stay calm when the pressure mounts.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team with minimal supervision.
- Maintain consistently high standards of quality, presentation and hygiene
- Good communication skills Positive outlook, dynamic and outgoing personality
- Knowledgeable in basic hygiene and food safety
Steward - Le Meridien DubaiMarriott International, IncFull-timeJob Number 22206377 Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location Le Méridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, Airport Road, Dubai, United Arab2 day agoShareDubai
ButcherMarriott International, IncFull-timeJob Number 22205570 Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location La Ville Hotel & Suites CITY WALK Dubai Autograph Collection, Al Multaqa Street, Dubai,3 day agoShareDubai
StewardCrowne Plaza DubaiPermanent +1Support the food and beverage operation by cleaning and maintaining kitchen equipment and premises while following set hygienic standards and practices Handle garbage3 day agoShareDubai
ButcherHiltonFull-timeA Butcher is responsible for ensuring all meats and fish are prepared to the highest quality to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while training staff and3 day agoShareUAE
F&B AssociateThe First GroupOverview: Comprising of The First Group’s award-winning hotels and restaurants, The First Collection is an innovative lifestyle brand offering exciting3 day agoShareDubai