We are Heartists®
“Heartist®” describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we’re experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we’re connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Adagio & Ibis Styles
We create memorable stories for our guests and fellow Heartists® offering personalized experiences with a Glocalized urban touch.
We discover together and are flexible to our guest’s discerning needs.
Trendy, curious, creative and open minded blended with entrepreneurial spirit; our Heartists® bring life into the cluster.
- Under the direction of the Chef De Partie Main, the Commis is responsible for the preparation and storage of menu items, in accordance with established procedures for preparation and quality standards for taste, presentation and hygiene standards of the hotel.
- Is responsible to prepare a consistent, high-quality food product, ensure courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service and Hotels operational standards.
- Is responsible to prepare special meals or substitute items, regulate the temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters etc. Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator and ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish.
- Is able to manage a section independently and take ownership of a shift.
- Innovates and is guest centric especially for long stayer guests offering them variety and personalized solutions.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
- At the start of the shift, checks all gauges, timers and knobs of machines to ensure all are functioning properly.
- Reviews special prep instructions and participates in the mise-en-place for said items.
- Prepares and cooks food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Follows the cleaning schedules for the kitchen and clean the section and other areas as directed.
- Prepares menu items in accordance with established recipe cards and methods.
- Checks all menu items prior to dispatch to ensure that these comply with established standards.
- Personally checks on food taste regularly and ensures consistency and guest likes and choices.
- Prepares mise-en-place as advised by superior while minimizing spoilage, wastage and exercises the portion control.
- Follows cost control procedures, prepares reports for wastage and spoilages.
- Is expected to comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
- Assists in accepting store and direct deliveries of raw material.
- Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers.
- Inspects work area, utensils and tools to ensure that these are clean at the beginning of each shift.
- Follows all procedures set for the closing and opening of a shift or a section.
- Handles all equipment in the proper manner and practices accident prevention measures.
- Ensures timely reporting of malfunction or maintenance deficiencies to appropriate area.
- Manages basic maintenance and handling of equipment used in professional manner.
- Prepares all reports and submits accordingly as advised by Chef De Partie Main.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
Our values are our common language, they drive us every day. Embodied in and flowing through our Heartist program, a symbol of our identity and culture, these values are the bedrock that binds us to the Group. They perpetuate and spread -beyond professions, persons, countries and cultures- the sense of hospitality and service, our strength and nourishment of the Group’s success worldwide.
We obsess over our customers. Our guests are the driver of our decisions and our actions. We put them first, we care for them. We go the extra mile for them. We enjoy doing it.
We believe that hospitality has the power to unlock a better tomorrow. We act for good to support & empower the communities in which we live and protect the planet that you visit.
We are connected with the world, and to others. We enjoy the mix of cultures. We are proud of our differences. We put you first and we value you, whoever you are. We care for the planet
Spirit of Conquest
Our guests are globetrotters, and so are we. We want to be where they want to be. We explore, we initiate, and we develop. We are ambitious for our guests. We make the impossible possible, we have fun doing it.
Hospitality is a team sport, and we’re stronger when we trust and support each other. We believe in natural kindness, respect our differences and value all voices. We work as one team, to say what we do, and do what we say.
We dare to challenge the status quo. We embrace innovation and challenge ourselves to do things better and faster. We take risks, dream the impossible and make it possible.
Commis ChefEpic kitchensComms chefscooking and presentation of meals in the Back of House and assist in theplanning and managing of activities related to the kitchen, including menucreation and4 day agoShareDubai
Commis IIHiltonA Commis II is responsible for preparing and presenting high quality dishes to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while consistently contributing to4 day agoShareRas al-Khaimah
Commis IIMINOR HotelsLike all members of the kitchen team, the Commis Chef must maintain high standards of health and safety, including personal hygiene. You will be responsible for5 day agoShareAbu Dhabi
Commis 2, The Bay KitchenMandarin Oriental Hotel GroupPosition: Commis 2, The Bay Kitchen (Full time #527346)Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, DubaiLocation: Dubai, United Arab EmiratesResponsibilities Washes5 day agoShareDubai
Commis I- Hot KitchenMarriott International, IncPosting Date Jan 12, 2022Job Number 22004821Job Category Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation Aloft Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, Al Khaleej Al6 day agoShareAbu Dhabi