Head Pastry Chef at InterContinentalĀ® Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab (Pre-Opening)
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, Ras al Khaymah, Ra's al Khaymah
Hotel: InterContinental - Mina Al Arab-Ras Al Khaimah (RKTHA)
Job number: EMEAA23273
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambiance where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental® Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort and Spa is scheduled to open Q3 2021 and we are now seeking a highly creative and passionate Head Pastry Chef who will have overall responsibility for the organization, prioritization, and coordination of all banquet culinary activities.
The resort will comprise 351 keys, a health club, a spa, and two pools. Covering an area of 43,770 sqm, the resort is a short drive from famous archaeological sites such as Dhayah Fort and Sheba’s Palace. Set on a headland surrounded by protected coastal wetlands with lush landscaping fronting a sweeping beach on one side and a manmade waterway on the other, the guest rooms, suites, and chalets offer panoramic water views.
Your day to day
As Head Pastry Chef you will manage and direct the pastry kitchen employees in a large full-service, luxury, or resort hotel with multiple major food and beverage outlets and banquet facilities with the capacity to cater to more than 500 people. May oversee subordinate supervisors and professional culinary staff. While we are on a pre-opening phase, some of your main role responsibilities are:
- Assist Executive Chef to bring creativity and flair to the required implementation of plans as required
- Supervise the construction, design, and setting up phases of pastry kitchens and provide input on service areas
- Assist Executive Chef to conduct snagging process
- Act as an advisor to the first time implementation of plans as required
- Design menus for pastry kitchen, arrange for showcasing and tasting of pastries menu
- Assist Executive Chef for procurement regarding the available well as required resources
- Assist Executive Chef with smart storage and logistics procedures
- Arrange for menu classes and product knowledge for the service and other relevant colleagues
- Suggest any new ideas important for the successful opening of relevant facilities
- Assist Executive Chef to understand and design available or required Standard Operating Procedures for ways of working in own team
- Implement operational manuals, brand service standards, and job descriptions for Banquet kitchen
- Assist Executive Chef to oversee recruitment, induction, and training of entire team alongside own key team members and Human Resources Departement.
- Ensure that the facilities are well set up, logistics are available and the right quality of human resources are recruited, trained, and made enthusiastically ready for the opening as per deadlines from Owning company, IHG, and General Manager.
What we need from you
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Completion of a degree or certificate in culinary arts
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Chef, with at least 3 years in a management capacity, or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience.
- Vast knowledge of pastry practices, menus and offerings
- High level of written and verbal Business English
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Experience with financial budgeting is desirable
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking " Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Consultant Obs & Gynae - DubaiMedacs HealthcareOur client is a state of the art private hospital designed and developed to provide premium medical care and comfort with modern equipment and a skilled team of35 minute agoShareDubai
Consultant Paediatric Anaesthesia - Al AinMedacs HealthcareConsultant Paediatric Anaesthesia - Al Ain, United Arab Emirates Are you looking for a new position in the United Arab Emirates?Medacs Healthcare is seeking a Paediatric35 minute agoShareAl-Ayn
ChefSadakchaap RestaurantIndian Curry Chef with detailed knowledge of Mughlai food, North Indian, South Indian and Chaat items. Interested in working with a reputed restaurant in Dubai with36 minute agoShareDubai
SSC - Income AuditorHilton CorporateJob Description About Hilton Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 6,000 properties in 119 countries and37 minute agoShareRas al-Khaimah
Math TeacherProximity LearningContract Length: 2 years Number of Vacancies: 1 Student Level: Middle School, High SchoolEligible Candidates: Licensed TeacherRequirements: Education Required:37 minute agoShareDubai