Human Resources Intern
Human Resources Intern
As an important member of the Human Resources Team, the Human Resource Intern will be responsible for assisting with all Colleague requests, administrative duties, and leading Colleague relations including our Social Committee and Colleague Recognition Program. We are looking for an energetic and dynamic individual who will bring their strong work ethic and positive personality to the team!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Intern will be responsible for the following:
Handling the calendar and administration assistance for the Human Resources Leaders
- Scheduling and arranging appointments as required
- Responding to all telephone calls visitors
- Respond to all inquiries including ticket and vacation entitlements
- Handle locker requests, name badges, ID’s, shoe vouchers, Colleague letters, cross-training forms, purchase requisitions, and expense reports as necessary
- Compose correspondence for the Human Resources Department, such as letters, contracts, etc.
- Tracking and updating reports as necessary
- Filing Colleague records
- Handle all office administration duties such as faxes, mail, phones, photocopying, office supplies.
- Prepare payroll on a daily basis for administration staff.
- Assist with and support staff events as appropriate, such as leadership meetings, executive retreat, staff receptions, etc.
- Make travel arrangements as required including employee vacation travel
- Check Human Resources forms (passport withdrawal, flight booking, payroll deduction, internal application, cash advance)
- Manages the signature book and subsequent forms, ensuring accuracy with regards to vacation entitlements and promotions and salary changes
- Assists the Learning & Development Leader with the tracking of performance reviews
- Responsible for monthly invoices, monthly timesheets and adding e-mail accounts for new Colleagues
- Supports the Hotel Nurse as needed
Last year in university or recently graduated
Highly responsible and able to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion
Highly organized and able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Professional telephone manner and demeanor with a natural response to ‘smile’ on the phone
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Must be able to type a minimum of 50 wpm
Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!See description
Planning & Cost Control LeadBrunelAbout this role Location: 9 months UAE (Abu Dhabi) then KSA, Jubail.; Project Services function including estimating, planning/scheduling, benchmarking, progress3 hour agoShareDubai
Inspector - StructuralAECOMFull-timeAECOM are currently looking for experienced Structural/Civil Inspectors to join the growing AECOM team supporting the supervision of Construction projects in UAE.6 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi
Area ManagerMax UAEFull-timeKey Responsibilies: Sales and Commercial Performance Prepare and participate in the preparation of sales budgets Maximize sales and profitability of the stores8 hour agoShareUAE
IT InternEmersonTemporary +2Your role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following: To test business process developed, verify test results are meeting process8 hour agoShareDubai
HEAD OF OPERATIONSPUMALOGISTICS HEAD OF OPERATIONS Dubai, United Arab Emirates SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that10 hour agoShareDubai