Medical Advisor UAE
- Would you like to apply your expertise to make an impact in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines?
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve, no matter where you start with us.
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us
The medical advisor role is An external facing role (50% at least in the field) that provides medical and clinical expertise in priority therapeutic areas and builds AZ scientific leadership. The role focuses on the development of professional relationships with KOLs, building deep scientific understanding of AstraZeneca compounds by engaging OLs in ESRs, scientific exchange meetings and advisory board meetings.
In addition, the Medical Advisor will input into Brand Strategy and take the lead in the design and implementation of medical activities aligned with Brand Strategy. Further internal accountabilities include the delivery of medical education and clinical support to medical professionals, training sales teams and involvement in development of brand strategy.
May take responsibility as Nominated Signatory reviewer for activities and promotional materials. May take responsibility for mentorship of MSL/s in the country. May lead Medical Information and Pharmacovigilance.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1- Medical & Scientific Leadership
Build, enhance and maintain the engagement with scientific leaders (OLs).
- 50% of time in field engaging HCPs and key external stakeholders engagement
- Proactively identify HCPs with high levels of scientific expertise in local treatment practice to collaborate on specific medico marketing activities
- Development and implementation of OL engagement plan in collaboration with line manager and TA lead..
- Develop database of Key opinion leaders and also
- provide recommendations for advisory board participation, potential speakers and train speakers as appropriate.
- Develop own scientific knowledge and share emerging data with HCPs, discussing all aspects of the data in a scientific, objective and balanced way. Disseminate results of studies completed to medical community by translating their clinical values and incorporating into business strategies.
Respond to unsolicited requests for information about unapproved AZ products or unapproved uses of approved products, presenting such information in an objective, scientifically balanced, substantiated manner.
2- Develop or initiate scientific programs to explore unmet medical needs in priority disease area(s)
- Discuss potential involvement in ESR and RWEs.
- Interact in the field with KOLs for clinical trials, , ESRs
Able to conduct basic discussions on clinical trials in terms of study design and feasibility
3- Medical & Scientific Support for internal stakeholders
To establish AstraZeneca as a scientific leader through proactive, updated and effective Medical input
- Provide the AZ internal stakeholders with an understanding of the local medical community, clinical practice, trends and real or perceived gaps in current scientific knowledge and medical treatment, competitive intelligence
- Provide medical input for the development of company’s Brand plans
- Develop and implement the local medical plan to address unmet medical needs in priority disease areas and ensure alignment with the brand plan.
- Develop and implement pre‐launch medical plan/activities for new products at least 2 years prior to the planned launch in the country to address key clinical and scientific challenges
- Provide medical leadership on faculty and content development for medical programmes including national congresses, advisory boards, scientific exchange meetings, publications, CMEs to meet identified needs
- Provide medical input to global protocols, study feasibility and local customer’s research initiatives
4- Provide medical input into the Life Cycle Management of priority brands and TAs to meet unmet medical needs
- Participate as key member of brand team as strategic partner towards LCM actions
- Develop NIS or registry studies to address unmet medical needs
Initiate discussions with customers to develop studies that will fulfil global and local business strategies.
5- Governance and ensuring overall adherence to processes and regulation
[include but not limit to patient safety, clinical trials, promotional activities, etc…]
- Provide medical input to the creation, development and agreement of promotional material and ensure all material is in line with internal SOPs and meets IFPMA code
- Support Clinical team to select appropriate investigators and sites optimising quality, delivery and commercial benefit
- Ensures compliance with AZ code of conduct, Corporate Governance, Audits requirement, guidelines, codes, policies and procedures
- Ensures that company confidentiality is maintained (i.e. intellectual property, product, strategic and salary information)
- Discloses potential breach of codes or conducts
- Timely report (as per respective procedures): health/environment/wellbeing related accidents; adverse events that you became aware about; change in status of your Conflict of Interest.
6- Development Continuouslydemonstrate development of scientific expertise in disease area(s) of company focus
- Positive engagement and response to coaching and feedback received from line manager and TA lead.
- In daily work takes time to reflect on customer interactions and works on areas agreed with line manager as priorities for development.
- Develop behaviours leading to enhanced effectiveness as outlined in Competency definitions.
- Proactively demonstrate the AZ Values
Active participation in AZ training, projects, and meetings depending on development needs
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Higher education in medicine/life sciences/pharmacy
- > 3 yrs of experience in Medical role
- Strategic & scientific mindset
- Solid & consistent performance track record
- Extensive experience in relationship and stakeholder management
- Project management experience
- Extensive knowledge of the latest technical and regulatory developments
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good Planning and Organizational Skills
- Excellent Scientific knowledge
Ability to develop Strategic Partnerships
- Expertise at relevant TA
- Has the ability to work under pressure and with short timelines, being resourceful and tenacious in approaching problems and leveraging all available sources for developing solutions
- Defines and drives a process that pulls on cross-functional resources to deliver the targeted outcome.
- Acts independently, is willing to take on challenges, and is able to say no to stakeholders when necessary
- Sets high standards of work and makes others accountable for achieving outstanding performance
- Project and change management experience
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Line Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Head of InclusionAjman AcademyAjman Academy is a forward thinking and progressive school that places students at the centre of its decision making processes. We are seeking an effective and talented5 hour agoShareDubai
Software ArchitectVirtua Advanced SolutionCompany Description Trans Skills is a trusted advisor to many of the Middle East’s most respected organizations and a leading Human Resources Services Firm with5 hour agoShareDubai
Parent Relations Executive (PRE)Royal Grammar School Guildford DubaiAre you looking for a new, exciting and rewarding adventure? If you have experience providing excellent customer experience and are seeking a new challenge, read5 hour agoShareUAE
Manager - School Operations (MSO)GEMS EducationManager - School Operations (MSO) The Manager - School Operations (MSO) will be fully responsible for effectively managing all non-education-related activities within5 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi
Social Media ManagerGEMS EducationAbout the Role The Social Media Manager will design, develop & implement a strong social media presence for our Corporate and School social media channels, from an5 hour agoShareDubai