Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Production Operator – Water Injection / SRP based in Abu Dhabi.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
- To Operate Oil and Gas production & water and Gas injection units and systems in Upper ZAKUM Artificial Islands in compliance of client standards & HSE guidelines and supervisory instructions. Delegated to supervise non-routine Islands operations involving contracted services.
- Operate equipment and system such as Multi Phase Flow Meters for flow testing, gas and liquid traps, Hydraulic and pneumatic safety cabinets, safely open/ close wellhead valves, chokes, divert wells for testing operate interlock provided pig receivers and launchers.
- Give guidance to assistant Operators in the operation of equipment and units in accordance with established instructions.
- Report serious unplanned operational deviations to supervisor and take corrective action within the limits of authority and competence.
- Ensure that process units and equipment on the island are checked regularly and record and/or check as necessary that data is accurately and regularly recorded, including any down hole safety equipment.
- Able to safely conduct SIMOPS with land drilling rigs, understands SIMOPS constraints and requirements, comprising, but not limited to, opening/ closing wells under the rig or in close proximity, conduct keen periodic surveys, maintaining contact with relevant entities with regard to emergency situations and understands the bridging Emergency Response Plans.
- Ensure conducting all operations safely on basis of understanding IP operations and inherent automated safety devices and systems (e.g. gas & flame detection systems, Hi/ Lo Pressure protection systems etc..), and aware of all fire and H2S protection systems and procedures.
- Assist in preparing wells and production systems/ equipment for handover for work over by land rigs or maintenance trades, repair, or modification in conjunction with other trades (this includes removing specific items of wellhead equipment).
- Be able to depressurize/ drain production piping via vent pots and use vacuum trucks for handling hydrocarbon liquid inventories to general drain tanks and be able to operate all kinds of pumps for production systems and utilize given inverting systems for various operational and maintenance purposes.
- Be physically fit bodily and mentally to work on 12 hrs. shifts, day and night under various weather conditions known about UAE- Abu Dhabi, mostly in a non-A/C working conditions.
- Undertake all 'hot' works to completion and attend inspections and certification vessels.
- Install temporary production facilities for wells production, injection, and testing.
- Collect oil and water samples for Quality Control according to agreed procedures and schedules.
- Ensure Xmas tree valves automatics are maintained, replaced, and repaired according to specified schedule.
- Able to perform wells integrity tests for all X-Mas tree valves, and other surface facilities.
- Able to collect annuli samples according to given definite instructions.
- Participate in the re-commissioning of equipment and wells when maintenance work has been completed.
- Undertake other similar or related duties such as preparing daily site and SIMOPS locations surveys, reports and work logs, maintaining work site clean, tidy and safe, checking status of platform equipment before leaving on completion of work and reporting any deviations from standard.
- Follow company HSE regulations and maintains high standard of environment, safety, and good housekeeping.
- Actively participates in U.A.E national's development. Guides and follows up their integration within ZAKUM organization in line with company objectives.
- Completion of Secondary education (12 years), plus specialized production operator training equivalent to 6 - 9 months full time.
- 8 to 10years’ experience in oilfield operations including 3 years offshore and at least 2 years’ experience in a senior position.
- Good knowledge of English.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
Data Entry OperatorArab Center for Engineering StudiesAED1,500 - AED1,800 a monthData Entry Operator Required for an Engineering Company, the qualified candidate must have experience in Microsoft Windows and Office. Interested Candidates may send2 hour agoShareDubai
OperatorRockford XellerixCable and Wire Harness Assemblies / Abu Dhabi, UAE Department: Production Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE Principal Role: Perform production activities to correct standards2 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi
Alternate Site Manager/Lodging ManagerDynCorp International LLC.DynCorp International LLC Alternate Site Manager/Lodging Manager 2100648 Primary Location: UNITED ARAB EMIRATES-OCONUS-AL DHAFRA AIR BASE Security Clearance:19 hour agoShareUAE
Analyst - IT ApplicationsBorougeSystem Analyst - IT Applications Perform complex 2nd line application support for the reported incidents, requests and problems of business, manufacturing and1 day agoShareAbu Dhabi
Sr. PDS AdministratorRejlers Finland & Abu Dhabi (UAE)Rejlers International Engineering Solutions AB operates in Abu Dhabi, UAE, and delivers high-quality engineering and project services to Oil & Gas, Refining,1 day agoShareAbu Dhabi