The Registrar position for SeaWorld Abu Dhabi will support and oversee animal records and related policies, validating the quality of recorded data and ensuring the legal compliance of all animal transactions.
- Oversight of SeaWorld Abu Dhabi’s animal record keeping system.
- Provides various reports to Zoological leadership team and outside agencies as needed.
- Processes and updates all paperwork and applications / renewals for organizational memberships and government agencies required for the zoological exhibition.
- Responds to studbook requests and Species Survival Plan/Population Management Taxon Advisory Group updates.
- Assists with other zoological projects as assigned.
- Manages and maintains active, inactive and historical animal records systems ensuring data quality, appropriate retention, preservation and accessibility.
- Manages and monitors animal transactions and coordinates with curatorial staff to ensure legal compliance with local, state, federal and international laws, government regulations and industry-specific standards.
- Performs all duties associated with acquisition and management of local, Federal and state wildlife permits / licenses.
- Assist with disposition paperwork; specimen reports, health certificates, medical records, sexing certificate, entry permits and other requirements.
- Primary liaison between the institution and government agencies, other zoological institutions and conservation organizations providing each with accurate collection information as required.
- Prepare paperwork packets for international import / export to include working with governmental agencies.
- Prepare animal Acquisition / Disposition forms and monitor the process with hard copy and electronic files; provide monthly report to SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment’s Corporate Zoological office.
- Register and accession animals and maintain current and historical animal inventory. Act as a Tracks Super User. Monitor staff data entry and train staff in animal record keeping best practices and animal data standards.
- Manages the animal census and inventory process.
- Participates in Zoological Registrars Association, Association of Zoos & Aquariums and other appropriate professional associations.
- Perform other duties as required by the Department.
To be considred for the role, you will need:
- Degree in Zoology, Animal Sciences, Biology or related field
- Two years' or more experience as a Registrar or equivalent record keeping with a zoological facility
- A broad understanding of governmental regulations in relation to animal exhibition, acquisition, disposition, husbandry standards as well as domestic and international transportation of animals.
- Proficiency with Tracks or any other similar electronic animal records keeping software
- Knowledge of zoological nomenclature, taxonomy, natural history, husbandry practices, zoological records management and record keeping best practices
- Knowledge of AZA cooperative management programs (studbooks, SSP, TAG)
- Must be able to develop and maintain relationships with outside institutions ad agencies
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team to accomplish goals
- Fluent in English and Arabic language
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Must be able to multi-task and adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment.
- Extremely detail oriented and highly organized.
- Working knowledge on all Microsoft Office applications
Company SecretaryRapydRapyd Is Building the Future of Fintech! Rapyd is a financial technology company that allows businesses to accept and make payments anywhere, using any method. By2 day agoShareDubai
RegistrarTeach AwayContract Length: 2 years Number of Vacancies: 1 Eligible Candidates: Office/Administration Staff Requirements: Education Required: Bachelor Minimum Teaching1 week agoShareAl-Ayn
Registry Services ManagerUniversity of Wollongong in DubaiAbout UOWD The University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) is one of the region’s oldest, most prestigious and forward-thinking tertiary institutions. Our curriculum22-12-2021ShareDubai