School Curriculum Coordinator
Job Title: School Curriculum Coordinator
Base Location: Abu Dhabi (UAE)
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
Job Industry: Education Management/EdTech/Education Technology
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Lead the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of the content that meets clients’ needs in order to achieve organisation goals.
- Formalise the curricular framework, including core subjects of math, science, English, Arabic, Islamic Studies and Social Studies; and supporting subjects of Art and Technology (coding and Robotics), Physical Education, World Languages, etc.
- Directs and builds effective relationships with a portfolio of vendors in order to maintain cost effective, agile, and predictable content production goals to align with organization requirements.
- Leads, trains, and builds effective relationships with school leaders and departmental teachers responsible for various curriculum across the two institutions.
- Regularly seeks opportunities to collect, evaluate and respond to client feedback and needs in order to optimise quality of content repositories and drive academic efficacy.
- Attend client-related training, teacher meetings, and support service delivery teams assigned to the schools.
- Coordinate the design and development of new curricular content and adaptation of existing curriculum to the School model.
- Resolve and/or escalate bottlenecks and barriers in content processes to improve productivity and responsiveness of content to learner needs.
- Master’s Degree in Education, with emphasis on Curriculum Development, Educational Leadership, Educational Assessment and/or Organisational Development. PhD. Preferred.
- Certification in Curriculum and Assessment, Digital Instructional Design (in lieu of degree with experience).
- Certifications in various Educational Software’s, Learning Content Management Systems (LCMS) or other eLearning Tools an advantage.
- Project Management Certification an advantage
Experience and Required Skills.
- Over 10 years of experience as an Education Curriculum Professional with minimum 5 Years of prior experience working in innovative school settings on alternative models of education that fosters creativity, imagination, reasoning, self-reflection, autonomy and social-emotional competence - in learning by doing.
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Curriculum and Curricular Program Design, Digital Learning, including simulations, virtual labs, Internet inquiry-based research, and other interactivities.
- Minimum 3+ Years of prior experience in innovative curriculum development at the middle school level, including but not limited to mathematics, science, language (English or Arabic) and technology.
- Prior experience with alternative and accelerated learning programs preferred secondary intervention programs.
- Experience working with Learning Content Management System tools and common educational software applications require.
- Prior experience with Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) projects, maker space / studio / fab lab environments supporting curriculum.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with digital e-learning and technologies in the classroom.
- Demonstrated knowledge of school-to-career pathways in middle school.
- Curriculum design and development using backwards planning, Understanding by Design, Universal Design for Learning, and other approaches / methods.
- Familiarity with multiple curriculum and standards associated with the Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, the ACTFL and CEFR frameworks, etc.
- Knowledge of tiered interventions accelerated education, and remediation strategies for struggling students (academic and behavioral/social-emotional).
- Ability to use LCMS and online digital content production tools.
- Problem solving; ability to drive toward project completion, overcoming obstacles, bottlenecks and other risks as required.
- Relationship Builder: ability to quickly establish credibility, influence, and trust with other team members in order to better drive results.
- Creative Design: ability to see the big picture of the design process and influence continuous creativity details without losing focus on schedule and process efficiencies.
- Deadline oriented; ability to articulate priorities and revise plans to meet tight deadlines.
- Results oriented; ability to evaluate data, identify risks and opportunities and adjust work to refine and achieve targeted results.
- Project Management: ability to translate complex needs into well-defined actionable processes that achieve scope, schedule, budget needs.
Reference ID: SCC1507
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: AED25,000.00 - AED30,000.00 per month
- Are you based in UAE?
- Are you holding UAE Market experience?
- Curriculum Development & Design: 7 years (Required)
- Curriculum and Curricular Program Design: 5 years (Required)
- Digital e-learning and technologies: 5 years (Required)
- Learning Content Management System: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
ReceptionistHilton Hotels & ResortsWork Locations : Hilton Abu Dhabi Yas Island Yas Island Abu Dhabi 500200 A Receptionist provides reception services for Guests to contribute to an overall59 minute agoShareAbu Dhabi
Logistics & Distribution Coordinator – Abu DhabiJohnson ControlsLogistics & Distribution Coordinator – Abu Dhabi - WD30118258159 What you will do The Logistics Coordinator is a key role reporting to the Head of Logistics21 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi
Security SupervisorMOVENPICKMövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers Hotel Overview: Contemporary, modern and elegant 5-star accommodation, the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers is based21 hour agoShareDubai
Primary Homeroom TeacherThe Sheffield Private SchoolOur sister school in Tunisia is looking for teachers to teach in their British curriculum school. Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in1 day agoShareUAE
Arabic TeacherDwight School DubaiDwight School Dubai wishes to recruit an Arabic Teacher Dwight School Dubai Dwight School Dubai is an authorised International Baccalaureate (IB) World School in three1 day agoShareDubai