Secondary English Teachers
UAE - Abu Dhabi
School - Middle East
IB - MYP, IB- Diploma, IB- PYP, USA, USA - Advanced Placement
Secondary/ Middle(12-15), Secondary/High(16-18)
16 August 2020
Initial Contract Length:
3 year, renewable
Curriculum Experience Required:
Strongly prefer it
Teachers SaySECONDARY SCHOOL ENGLISH TEACHERS NEEDED IN AL AIN, ABU DHABI FOR AUGUST 2020.
This KG to Grade 12 Private English medium international school is looking for a selection of secondary teachers to join them for the next academic year.
• Degree in your teaching subject
• Valid teaching license
• Clean police clearance/ criminal record check
• At least two years post qualifying experience due to Ministry regulations
• You must be able and willing to work in a cultural 100% ESL learning environment
• American Curriculum experience (common core preferred) is also valued
Teachers should be able to demonstrate a strong academic background in content knowledge, be collaborative and collegial, value the use of data to drive instruction, be assessment literate, be skilled at differentiating and engaging students, be able to utilise effective instructional strategies and be technologically proficient. It is important to note that this is not a western expatriate schools and many students are local from the UAE.
Combining the US core standards curriculum with a delivery through the philosophy of IB without the scope and sequence, the school blends the best of both worlds of a traditional American approach of text books and regular testing and a more student centred perspective. The ultimate goal is to eventually attain IB world school status retaining the American element so students can graduate with a US diploma and if they meet with the criteria and IB diploma too. Advanced Placement course are also available.
The School Offers:
• Monthly tax free salary of AED12100 for a two year experienced teacher with annual increments for every two years of experience.
• Allowances for utility bills and excess baggage
• International medical insurance is provided
• Annual airfares
• End of service gratuity
• Local bus transportation
• Two free places for dependent children
• Accommodation is provided as part of the employment package; it is furnished and single occupancy
If you believe that this opportunity matches the ideals of your overseas teaching aspirations then please do not hesitate to contact your local Edvectus advisor today. We look forward to hearing from you.
Number Of Students: 1500
Student Make Up:
95% Emirati / 99% Muslim / 100% ESL Regional Info: Al Ain is the garden city of the Arabian Gulf enjoying a tranquil and green existence in the protective shadow of the precipitous Hajar Mountains.
Without frustrating traffic jams and an abundance of glitzy skyscrapers Al Ain provides a calm and relaxing lifestyle nicely balancing the old and the new. Tradition and modern ways of life combine to offer the best of both worlds; there are huge shopping malls and old souks; there are hotels full of restaurants, bars and sports clubs and forts teeming with history and discovery; there is something for everyone. Adventure beckons the outdoor type with lots of mountain and desert activities and if a quiet day on the beach is the order of the day then both Dubai and Abu Dhabi are just an hour away by car.
Tax Rate: Tax Free Benefits: Flights -yearly, Gratuity or end of service bonus, Housing
- provided, Medical or Health insurance, Professional development allowance, Transport to/from school, Tuition
- free for dependants, Utilities paid
Suited To: Activity
- mountains, Activity-typical land sporting types, Climate
- warmer, Dependent children
- Not very suitable, Holiday destination
- not typical, Infrastructure
- Not very developed, Rural, Unmarried partners
- not suitable, Westernised
- not very, Women
- more restrictive than most
Minimum Years Experience: 2.0 Curriculum Experience Required: Strongly prefer it Will Accept Newly Qualified Teachers: N Visa Restriction: Younger than 60
Consultant Obs & Gynae - DubaiMedacs HealthcareOur client is a state of the art private hospital designed and developed to provide premium medical care and comfort with modern equipment and a skilled team of49 minute agoShareDubai
English TeacherProximity LearningContract Length: 2 years Number of Vacancies: 1 Student Level: High SchoolEligible Candidates: Licensed TeacherRequirements: Education Required: Bachelor Minimum49 minute agoShareDubai
Math TeacherProximity LearningContract Length: 2 years Number of Vacancies: 1 Student Level: Middle School, High SchoolEligible Candidates: Licensed TeacherRequirements: Education Required:50 minute agoShareDubai
SSC- Accounts Receivable AccountantHilton CorporateJob Description About Hilton Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 6,000 properties in 119 countries and50 minute agoShareRas al-Khaimah
IT ManagerNord Anglia EducationIT Manager The British International School Abu Dhabi is looking to appoint an outstanding IT Manager to join a well-established, supportive team in a highly successful3 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi