Regional Recruitment Manager - Dubai
This key role is responsible for leading the development and delivery of international student recruitment for all Heriot-Watt campuses from Middle Eastern, Central Asian and African markets. You will lead a team of four and be accountable for ambitious international recruitment targets at both undergraduate and postgraduate level for our campuses in Scotland, Dubai and Malaysia.
You will be expected to engage at a senior level both internally and externally and act as an ambassador for Heriot-Watt University across a range of international markets. As well as being a key member of the Student Recruitment team in Dubai, you will lead and coordinate engagement with the University’s Academic Schools and other Professional Services supporting Middle Eastern, Central Asian and African student recruitment.
The post-holder will work closely with teams in the following areas to optimise delivery and results:
- Prospect Journey & Conversion Team: Enquiries management, Admissions, CRM
- Marketing: Brand, web Presence, marketing collateral, events
- Academic schools: Portfolio training, events, marketing tools
- International Operations: Portfolio and product training, agents, scholarships
- Alumni relations: Utilising alumni as advocates to assist with recruitment
- International Development: University Partnerships, articulation pathways
- International Student Support:Visa support, campus welcome, wellbeing
You will be strategic in your approach and able to influence senior decision makers through concise and clear articulation of the environment and the University’s place in it. Resilient yet structured in your work, you can work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst ensuring priorities are aligned to strategic imperatives.
- Lead the HWU team focused on International Recruitment for the Global Hub of Middle East, Central Asia and Africa and ensure that roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and linked to SMART, measurable outcomes
- Delivery of international student recruitment targets for key markets of Middle East, Central Asia and Africa
- Coordinate and plan a compelling and ambitious recruitment plan that is data-informed by the latest market research and competitor behaviour
- Manage and execute a carefully researched, data-informed targeted programme of external visits and activities designed to attract and convert target students
- Work closely with the UAE recruitment team (also based on the Dubai campus) to coordinate an efficient and effective approach to strategy and operational delivery
- Develop and constantly review the University’s agency network in the Middle-East, Central Asia and Africa
- Work strategically and collaboratively with colleagues in the global Directorate of Marketing, Admissions, Recruitment and Communications to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of resources
- Ensure a detailed and comprehensive training plan is in place and that the team’s portfolio and product knowledge is up-to-date and comprehensive
- Regularly horizon scan on competitor activity and market opportunities and ensure the University’s student recruitment activities reflects best practice in the sector
- Input into brand and campaign positioning for relevant target audiences ensuring the Heriot-Watt University offer is compelling
- Input into insight and decisions on tariff entry requirements and programme portfolio development
- Any other occasional duties assigned by the Global Executive Director of Marketing, Recruitment, Admissions & Communications
- Educated to first degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of managing resources, workloads and changing priorities for self and others
- Detailed and expert knowledge of the global higher education recruitment sector
- Demonstrable experience of managing change
- Demonstrable ability to work within a complex and fast-changing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent influencing skills
- Good track record of developing and maintaining positive working relationships with internal and external customers, peers, stakeholders and others
- Flexible and resilient
- Collaborative and proactive
- Chartered Member of relevant Professional Body – e.g. Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience of leading change
- Project Management skills
Applications can be submitted up to midnight (UAE time) on Tuesday 14th July 2020.
At Heriot-Watt University we understand that being diverse makes us better which is why we support a culture of respect and equal opportunity, and value diversity at the heart of what we do. We want to increase the diversity of our workplace to underpin a dynamic and creative environment.
The appointment is conditional upon successful completion of all Labour and Immigration formalities, and the start date will need to be delayed if the employment visa is not in place.
Female Recruitment OfficerLocation: Dubai,United Arab Emirates We are in need of Filipino Female Recruitment Officer for a company located in Dubai. Salary is negotiable and will be based on45 minute agoShareDubai, Emirate of Dubai
AccountantLocation: Dubai,United Arab Emirates With accounting software knowledge will be added advantage. Managing day to day financial operations Supervising invoicing,45 minute agoShareDubai, Emirate of Dubai
Cluster Public Relations Officer (PRO) - Wyndham Dubai Deira, Super 8 and Days Hotel DeiraWyndham Hotel GroupWyndham Dubai Deira, Super 8 and Days Hotel Deira is now seeking a Cluster Public Relations Officer (PRO) to join our team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Job Summary45 minute agoShareDubai, Emirate of Dubai
Data Centre Tech (IC1)OracleApplicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English Role: Data centre Engineer IC1 (Junior)Seniority Level: Internship/ Entry1 hour agoShareDubai, Emirate of Dubai
Business Development Manager- International BusinessAl Sahiba General TradingFor good communication skills. Graduate with minimum 5-7 years of experience of independently handling import/ export business. Fully conversant with Ms word, Ms2 hour agoShareDubai