Administration Officer (with knowledge of church and its congregation)
JOB SUMMARY Prefered (Christian for a church with the knowledge of Church and congregation)
- To manage the overall administrative functions of the Church in UAE Dubai, in accordance with the HR policies and practices of the Church.
- Work closely with the Chaplain and or Assistant Chaplain, Church Council,
- Various Ministries, Activity Group Leaders, and Pastors of the Guest Congregations.
- Liaison with the Local Government Authorities and other individuals/organizations related to Church matters
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO;
1. HTC Property and Services
- Manage HTC property in compliance with legal requirements. Arrange Maintenance and Service Contracts and ensure timely renewals.
- Ensure invoices pertaining to suppliers/service providers are scrutinized thoroughly, promptly, and forwarded to the Accountant for payment processing.
- Ensure utility services are made available as required and all maintenance and repair work is carried out with minimal disruption to work/activities taking place on the premises.
- Carry out regular inspections of the facility to identify damages including deterioration and take adequate remedial measures.
- Responsible for maintaining the security of the Church premises. This would involve periodic checks including beyond normal working hours to ensure the effectiveness of security personnel.
2 Guest Congregations
- Deal with enquires from Guest Congregations and resolve any issues that may arise from time to time
- Receive applications for hall allocation and assign halls as per request and availability. Keep the hall booking system updated.
- Maintain annual agreements and other records related to the Guest Congregation.
- Collect monthly contributions from Guest Congregations and follow-up on pending ones.
3 HR / Administration / Finance
- Supervise and train concerned staff. Prepare and review job descriptions. Participate in annual performance appraisals as required.
- Ensure HR related documents are maintained/updated in an organized and secure manner.
- Authorize the processing of new visas / visa renewals / visa cancellation.
- Ensure all general and medical insurance policies and renewals are effected including raising and follow up on claims in co-ordination with the Lay Treasurer.
- Liaise with Community Development Authority, Immigration, Municipality and other statutory authorities for approvals, permissions, etc.
- Facilitate Church License renewal
- Ensure compliance with HR Policy and procedures
- First point of contact for all general enquiries on the HTC website i) Co-ordinating Council meetings and or any other sub-committees.
- Timely preparation and distribution of materials for the meeting (Agendas, Minutes of Meeting etc.)
- Approve petty cash payments
- Ensure all collected monies are entrusted to accounts immediately as per procedure. Money collected should not be utilized for petty cash and or other expenses.
- Develop and maintain cordial relations with colleagues and guest congregations.
4. HTC Church
- Assist the Chaplain in his liturgical responsibilities when required.
- Ensure membership records of HTC are kept up-to-date.
- Ensure the HTC Website is properly managed and information is updated on a regular basis.
- Oversee the receipt of all monies from weddings, offertory, donations, special collections etc.
- Participate in Holy Trinity Church Council meetings as a non-voting member, act as a secretary in the absence of the Lay Secretary and follow-up on recommendations and approvals.
- Participate in all church subcommittees, as required by the Chaplain.
- Assist in managing the Dubai Christian Cemeteries in collaboration with the Dubai Christian Cemetery Committee.
- The incumbent may have to work additional day/s and hours, without recompense, as required to effectively manage / administer the Church
- Graduate, preferably Post-graduate
- At least three years (3) experience in Administration, preferably in a Church or NGO.
- Exposure to facility management would be a distinct advantage.
- Proficient in communication in English Other languages, national or regional including Arabic would be an advantage.
Medical: As provided by HTC for self / dependents as per HTC HR Policy.
Accommodation: Two-bedroom unfurnished apartment excluding water and electricity, normally within the Church premises subject to Council approval OR Allowance.
Annual leave: 30 calendar days after completion of twelve months of continuous service.
Air ticket: For self annually after completion of twelve months of continuous work.
End of term benefits: As per HTC HR Polic
Application Deadline: 25/09/2020
Expected Start Date: 30/09/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: AED6,000.00 per month
- Administration Officer: 3 years (Required)
- Administration and handling Legal matters in Church or NGO: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Dubai (Preferred)
- English & Hindi (Arabic is an added advantage) (Preferred)
Tibco DeveloperVirtusaDescription Skill: Tibco Developer Roe - T2 Job Description: Minimum 5 years experience in implementing end to end integration solutions with TIBCO BW, EMS1 day agoShareDubai
ParalegalDHLFull-timeAbout DPDHL and Legal Services: Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) the logistics provider of the world with over 580,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories.1 day agoShareDubai
Automation TesterVirtusaDescription Skill: Automation Tester Role: T2 Job Description: Payments Domain (Currently Working as a Test Engineer / Sr. Test Engineer) Good knowledge in1 day agoShareDubai
Medical Representative - CVRMAstraZenecaFull-timeJOB TITLE Medical Representative ABOUT ASTRAZENECA AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery,1 day agoShareDubai
Administration ExecutiveAl-FuttaimEstablished in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses1 day agoShareDubai