Business Controller (Temporary)
(6 months contract)
The Cartier Business Controller is in charge of assisting local Brand Management with all financial matters related to their activity in the region, in line with Richemont Group accounting and reporting standards. He/she is therefore a key business partner of the Brand teams, providing local Brand management with all financial information or analysis required to take relevant and appropriate decisions in order to grow their business in the region in a sustainable way.
Under the supervision of Cartier Regional FP&A Manager, the main responsibilities of the Cartier Business Controller are:
- Works closely with the Brand teams in order to provide clarity on all financial matters and therefore facilitate appropriate decision making.
- Contributes to the development of a financial / internal control culture within the Brand.
Monthly Closing and Reporting
- Works efficiently with the Accounting team, ensuring that all relevant accounting entries are booked properly, in line with IFRS and Group standards.
- Calculates accruals compliant with standard accounting rules (IFRS/Group), and liaises with Accounting so that all required entries are booked in a timely manner.
- Analyses gross margin and discount levels, and reports any deviation with Brands targets.
- Reviews inventories (including ageing and determination of relevant provisions) and coordinates with the Brand so that any potential issue is timely addressed.
- Delivers timely and accurate monthly reports to the brands (sales reports, detailed P&Ls, Capex monitoring, scorecards, management reporting, ad hoc analysis)
- Prepares and analyses Brand P&L (by Boutique/Department) and balance sheet
- Alerts local Brand Management / Regional FP&A Manager of any identified risk or deviation with validated budgets.
- Follows up main Brands costs (communication, selling costs, personnel costs…).
- Ensures correct and timely completion of Group Management reporting.
- Lead brands’ budget processes including timely preparation, analysis and submission of Budgets and Latest Estimates in the Group’s financial reporting systems, in line with Brands and Group requirements and standards.
Internal Control & Process Improvement
- Participates in the monitoring of Swiss SOX within the subsidiary.
- Contributes to the formalization or continuous improvement of standard operating procedures and processes.
- Contributes to the improvement of controlling processes and systems by identifying areas of improvement and leading initiatives and projects to address them.
- Spreads best practices across the department.
- Liaises with other teams of the Finance Department (Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Retail Back-Office), local Brands teams, other Richemont functions (IT, Logistics, HR, Customer Service), Brand HQ in Europe.
- University Master Degree in Finance / Business School / Engineering School
- 8-10 years of successful professional experience in Audit / Business Controlling
- Strong finance technical skill and accuracy
- High mental agility and ability to deal with complexity
- Pro-activeness / Innovation ability
- Ability to interact with multiple and different stakeholders with on open mind-set
- Ability to lead projects
- Team player
- Fluent in English
- SAP knowledge is a plus
Executive SecretaryBIN SHABIB GROUPUrgently required office secretary (Female) for a Real Estate Company in Dubai. We need potential candidate who will bring business to the company. Should hold 2-3 Years10 hour agoShareDubai
Relationship OfficerAE FINANCE LLCAED7,000 a monthWalk - in Interview: Personal Finance & Credit Card sales Executive We at AE FINANCE are urgently looking to recruit experienced Personal Finance & Credit Card10 hour agoShareDubai
ReceptionistAl Bony Printing Press LLCAED2,250 a monthThe role is for temporary basis. The candidate must have their own visa. The candidate should have good communication skills. English (mandatory) Contract length: 410 hour agoShareSharjah
Sales Associate-DubaiNationwide Middle East Properties LLCAED3,500 - AED4,000 a monthProfile: Are you looking to grow your own real estate business? Nationwide Middle East Properties LLC. is your next step. Nationwide Middle East Properties LLC.10 hour agoShareDubai
Purchasing Executive cum F&B Cost ControllerAVANI Hotels & ResortsCompany Description Contemporary, relaxed and imaginative. Be it a leisurely family break or romantic escape, AVANI Hotels & Resorts provides the right space for10 hour agoShareDubai