Event Booking Center Executive
Abu DhabiPosting Date Feb 13, 2020
Job Number 20021494
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The St. Regis Abu Dhabi, Nation Tower, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us Start Your Journey With Us
From the very first opening of the St. Regis New York, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. As the original house of luxury, St. Regis continues to redefine modern luxury through great service. The St. Regis Abu Dhabi merges authentic Arabian hospitality with more than a hundred years of bespoke St. Regis tradition.
Crafted for modern connoisseurs who desire exceptional experiences, The St. Regis Abu Dhabi is the social epicenter for royalty, the discerning traveler and luminaries in the art of living. The hotel comprises of 283 fabulously appointed guest rooms including 55 suites, most of which have incredible views of both the Arabian Gulf and the city of Abu Dhabi, along with the breathtaking one of a kind Bridge suite between the two Nation Towers.
The St. Regis is a part of the Marriott International, a constant growing and a leading global hospitality company, having the vision to be the World's Favorite Travel Company, with more than 7,000 properties in 131 countries and territories. The core of the hotel are our staff whom we address as “Hosts” as they are the ultimate luxury ambassadors of our hotel, striving to provide exquisite stay to our guests and memorable experiences each day. Pursue your passion for a dynamic career and grow your expertise at the best address! We invite you to explore your career at The Abu Dhabi’s finest urban resort, The St. Regis Abu Dhabi.
As a “Event Booking Center Executive” (title keeps changing as per position) your primary responsibilities will be:
POSITION PURPOSE Handles group and catering opportunities that come directly to the property (10 – 150 covers; 10 – 50 rooms). Contracts and closes group and catering business and verifies that it is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Achieves revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Administrative
- Answers departmental telephone line(s); provides callers with responses to requests involving departmental policies, procedures or programs; directs calls to the appropriate person or takes messages
- Processes data through a variety of administrative systems including expense reports, payroll, and personnel forms.
- Performs data entry tasks using spreadsheet or database software.
- Handles group and catering opportunities that come directly to the property (10 – 150 covers; 10 – 50 rooms).
- Manages the sales efforts for the property including groups, local and social opportunities.
- Responds to incoming group and catering opportunities for the hotel. Identifies, qualifies and solicits new group and catering business to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
- Solicits affiliate business associated with citywide events from approved affiliate list provided by Citywide Sales Executive.
- Understands the overall market (e.g. competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Works with the management team to create and implement a group and catering sales plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
- Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
- Maximizes revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage packages.
- Manages catering sales revenue and operation budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
- Develops menus that drive sales.
- Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of catering promotions.
- Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
- Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Monitors successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
Skipper - MSAbu Dhabi PortsAccountable To To handle the Speed Boat withinmarine operations, deploy and operate oil spill recovery24 minute agoShareRemote in UAE
Oliver Wyman - Executive Assistant - DubaiOliver Wyman GroupFull-timeOliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60+ cities across nearly 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with1 hour agoShareDubai
Marcoms Associate PartnerKnight FrankPermanentReference No 26290 Job Title Marcoms Associate Partner Type3 hour agoShareDubai
Vice President, Commercialization - MPGS & AcceptanceMastercardFull-timeOur Purpose We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and5 hour agoShareDubai
Client ExecutiveHalianPermanentServing as a member of the sales team, the main two purposes of the Client Executive is to source and select potential candidates for job requirements provided by8 hour agoShareDubai