Learning & Quality Manager at InterContinental Abu Dhabi
At InterContinental® Abu Dhabi our role is to put the glamour into international travel. That's where you come in. We look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
When you're part of the InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts brand you're more than just a job title. With its private beach and marina, the InterContinental® Abu Dhabi hotel is an oasis of luxury near the Corniche and world-class shopping malls. Host an event in a grand ballroom, on a terrace with sea views or in a beachfront garden .
You can relax at the health club with inviting pools and admire marina yachts from your spacious room. The hotel includes 390 guest rooms and suites, highly acclaimed food and beverage outlets, and elegant meeting rooms.
Your day to day
We are currently looking for a passionate Learning & Quality to join our energetic, enthusiastic and passionate team at InterContinental Abu Dhabi! As Learning & Quality Manager you'll drive, direct and coordinate the timely and structured learning experiences, support the leadership team and their departments on all Quality improvement activities, operational training requirements and career development programs to all colleagues, to improve and maintain job performance, to ensure that all colleagues are meeting the company standards. Main responsibilities:
- Learning & Development
- Conduct all Training
Needs Analysis for the Hotel - Establishing core competencies required for key positions and identify/develop training programs for all development needs
- Establish and drive a high level of Leadership strength and competence through training/seminars/ resources
- Establish a departmental trainer platform to drive effectiveness in delivery of training programs and recommendation for improvement
- Be present at key service delivery points to asses and audit service standards - conduct spot training and support function heads with a clear understanding of challenges and opportunities
- Create a talent pool of high potentials within the business from the Annual Performance Appraisals
- Develop succession plans for the talent pool with the Department Heads and monitor progress based on goals
- Develop a network with other L&D professionals to learn best practices and establish game changers to the business
- Manage the day to day activities of the L&D function, ensuring proper documentation and compliance of mandatory trainings and assessments
- Support and establish a learning culture within the hotel
- Quality Assurance
- Review and analyze hotel guest feedback through various platforms (Guest Love, GSI, Social Reviews, Glitches, Courtesy calls, etc.) on a regular basis and provide a clear understanding of the root cause of the issues and areas to improve
- Lead and facilitate monthly and quarterly, Quality/Guest Experience/Tactical Solve Meetings and action planning sessions (identification of problems, root cause analysis - monitor improvements and communicate progress)
- Work closely with the FOM to review and drive understanding of the loyalty programs among the stakeholders for a better guest loyalty experience
- Develop and conduct service quality and brand standards audits
- Educate colleagues on the brand standards and ensure departmental trainings related to standards are taking place
- Lead and support departments in the annual quality evaluation audit
- Takes necessary actions post quality evaluation audit and guest experience evaluation
What we need from you
Ideally, the candidate should possess a minimum of 2 years' of relevant experience within Learning & Quality in the Hotel Industry (5-star hotel preferable), with a bachelor's degree and proven track record of training capabilities. You should be enthusiastic, spontaneous, & emphatic. You will bring with you strong interpersonal skills and excellent command of written and spoken English.
Additional language is an added advantage. The ideal candidate will be result oriented and a self-motivated along with a positive attitude. You should have the ability to work under pressure, think laterally and display a high level of integrity.
You should also have the ability to identify, impact and influence others. You are a strong team player, good at multitasking, enthusiastic and flexible.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly,we'll give you the Room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online". At IHG we are committed to developing our team and managing our talent and would encourage internal as well as external candidates to apply for any of our vacancies.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Report This Job
Exams Test Day AssistantBritish CouncilDate: 26-Sep-2022 Location: Dubai, Middle East and North Africa, AE Company: British Council The British Council builds connections, understanding30 minute agoShareDubai
Skipper - MSAbu Dhabi PortsAccountable To To handle the Speed Boat withinmarine operations, deploy and operate oil spill recovery30 minute agoShareRemote in UAE
Administrative Assistant, Dolphin BayAtlantis DubaiFull-timeJob Summary The primary purpose of the Administrative Assistant for Admissions is to support one of two assigned areas: Aquaventure Arrival & Ancillary30 minute agoShareDubai
Legal Services Manager / Legal CounselThe Emirates GroupJob Purpose: Legal Services Manager / Legal Counsel - IP, Brand and Sponsorship We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and qualified paralegal or newly1 hour agoShareDubai
Medical RepresentativeProcter & GambleFull-timeP&G was founded over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we’re the world’s largest consumer goods company and home to iconic,2 hour agoShareDubai