Manager, Data Center Section
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY - Abu Dhabi, Emirate of Abu Dhabi
- The Manager Data Center will provide day-to-day operations oversight and management of all UAEU data centers.
- Provide ongoing technical and leadership expertise including growth and scalability requirements.
- Develop and implement a highly optimized data center strategy that can support the rapidly growing needs of educational research.
- In support of the change management within the data center, sets the example in providing the Help Desk with high quality documentation on all enterprise Windows, Storage and UNIX systems.
- Define and track appropriate metrics for production health.
- Drive a continuous improvement process, including postmortem reviews after production issues.
- Provides leadership in the management and updating of all enterprise services running on Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Track and manage team member productivity through metrics reporting and ticket review.
- Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management.
- Coordinates with vendors for support.
- Generates, develops and distributes statistical reports for upper management.
- Assists in server specifications, procurement, installation, administration and maintenance.
- Tests and deploys new enterprise servers and services.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining UAEU Disaster Recovery site.
- Maintain and test a disaster recovery plan.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree required in Computer Engineering/Science.
- 5-7 years’ experience in working in a high-availability, production environment, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Expert knowledge of MS Windows Servers, Active Directory and Exchange Servers required.
- Knowledge of Linux and UNIX based OS is required.
- Good practical knowledge of SAN planning and deployment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge about IT Service management life cycle and IT Governance policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required, should be available 24/7 on-call in case of major services outage.
Division Information Technology Division-CIO
Department Infrastructure&Core Techno. Section
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Staff
Salary 11000 to 23000 AED
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Jobs that might suit you
ParalegalDHLFull-timeAbout DPDHL and Legal Services: Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) the logistics provider of the world with over 580,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories.1 day agoShareDubai
Medical Representative - CVRMAstraZenecaFull-timeJOB TITLE Medical Representative ABOUT ASTRAZENECA AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery,1 day agoShareDubai
PowerBI DeveloperVirtusaDescription Skill: Power BI Developer Roe - T2 Job Description: Develop and Maintain business intelligence data visualizations using Microsoft Power BI The core1 day agoShareDubai
Finance Operations ManagerKPMG UAEJOB DESCRIPTION Job / Role title Manager Finance and Operations Service (Sub-department) Advisory Operations Hierarchical level Manager - C grade Job /1 day agoShareRemote in Dubai
Voyage Coordinator-ST STJS-AIMS VMStolt-NielsenFull-timeWe are looking for a Voyage Coordinator to support our Deepsea Commercial team in Dubai! Are you an enthusiastic and analytical person with an inquisitive and1 day agoShareUAE