You will be working as Material Planner and will be part of Electrification Business Area for Global Markets based in Dubai, UAE. In this role you will be reporting to Sales Operations Regional Distribution Manager and will be responsible for end-to-end planning of inventory including sales. Supporting the internal customer service inquiries and setting the inventory parameters, inventory targets, and ensure adequate replenishment of inventory through purchase orders.
- Segment the portfolio of materials through ABC or XYZ analysis, product lifecycle management and commercial policy. Define inventory policies according to this segmentation.
- Calculate and maintain the planning systems, ERPs and the inventory parameters such as safety stock, reorder point, lot size, lead-time, and replenishment strategies. Manage the set-up and related enhancements of APO (Advanced Planning and Optimizer) calendar. Perform multi-scenarios simulations for the optimization of inventory turns, on-time delivery and inbound freight costs (3KPIs model).
- Collaborate with the fulfillment specialists for obtaining the best possible supplier performance in terms of supplier on-time delivery, MOQ (minimum order quantity), lead-time and flexibility.
- Work closely with the fulfillment specialists to align planning of material and ensure that the purchase requisitions are converted into purchase orders.
- Manage MRP (Materials Resource Planning) exception messages frequently and monitor and resolve error messages related to the interface between the Enterprise Resource System (ERP) and the Warehouse Management System (WMS) to ensure the inventory alignment between the two systems are accurate. Support cycle counting or year-end inventory counting and conduct financial risk assessment decisions relating to inventory and conduct root case analysis when necessary.
- Perform inventory sanity checks, analyze short and obsolete or aging inventory, and take appropriate action for optimizing inventory performance, in collaboration with sales, marketing, fulfillment team, feeder factories or external suppliers. Responsible for the ICBK (Inventory check book) process and related periodical follow-ups and monthly reviews.
- Prepare reports for process control and process deviations and exceptions. Responsible for performance reporting such as OTD (On Time Delivery) , lead time, inventory related KPIs, stock-outs etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Supply chain Management or inventory planning or logistics.
- Minimum 7 – 10 years of experience preferably from FMCG industry.
- Candidate must have strong experience in inventory management and calculation, planning for stock, managing lead time, demand planning, material resource planning (MRP) etc.
- Strong experience in ABC or XYZ analysis and product lifecycle management.
- Certification in APICS is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy in 100+ countries where the Electrification Business Area operates. Our 10,000 sales & marketing employees connect our customers and partners to our innovative portfolio of products, services and solutions. Our domain expertise and global footprint enable us to support our customers with solutions that address their current needs, while anticipating how emerging trends such as urbanization, digitalization and the shift to sustainable energy will impact their future needs. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
3 hour agoShareUAE
HandymanMarriott International, IncPosting Date Sep 16, 2021Job Number 21104549Job Category Engineering & FacilitiesLocation Al Maha a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa Dubai, Dubai Desert18 hour agoShareDubai
ExecutiveLifestyle ConceptLifestyle POSITION DESCRIPTION DOCUMENT BASIC INFORMATION Position Title Location Planner The job holder will be responsible for merchandise planning process to1 day agoShareUAE
Scaffolding SupervisorDoka GroupCompany Description Doka Group, a subsidiary of the Umdasch Group is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of formwork products and systems with1 day agoShareDubai
Web DeveloperKeoghsDo you want to work for a forward-thinking, award winning software house? Does working in a positive culture matter to you? As a member of the Keoghs software1 day agoShareRemote