Patient Engagement & Advocacy Manager
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Patient Engagement and Advocacy Manager located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. And our culture is interconnected by the shared values of Our Credo. It’s a culture that celebrates diversity and diverse perspectives. It helps employees achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities.
Summary of the role:
- The Patient Engagement & Advocacy Manager contributes to incorporation of the patient’s voice in all our operations and coordination of patient centric initiatives within the Janssen organisation and establishes sustained and effective relationships with key strategic patient advocacy stakeholders and influencers.
- Leading the delivery of patient engagement and advocacy programs that supports country value team (CVT) strategies.
- She/He builds and nurtures an external network of relevant organizations and individuals in the societal and healthcare arena, comprising of patient/consumer organizations, patient advocates, and opinion leaders.
- She/He contributes to Janssen being active, trusted and impactful in the discussions with, and policy decisions taken by relevant stakeholders related to broad patient access to new innovative and valuable Janssen medicines.
- She/He is on top of policy developments, opportunities and challenges related to patient centricity, engagement & advocacy and provides insights and recommendations.
- Collaborates closely with the external communication and governmental affairs teams in exchanging intelligence, defining and implementing their strategy in ensuring market- and broad patient access.
She/He is instrumental in the relevant stakeholder management and in developing and delivering impactful & coordinated communications (storytelling) and core messages to relevant stakeholders.
- Establishes and nurtures sustained and effective relationships with national key advocacy stakeholders and key influencers in GCC
- Acts as a business ambassador for the company interacting with key strategic patient associations and other patient community platforms in order to increase company / brand awareness and reputation.
- Helps drive an understanding of and support for Janssen positions on issues specific to the biopharmaceutical industry among third parties.
- Works closely in managing relevant stakeholders for market and patient access with the Medical team, Communication & Public Affairs team, Governmental Affairs and HEMAR teams
- Ensures a heightened awareness of the priorities and challenges facing patient advocacy communities, including TA (Therapy Areas)- and non-TA-specific issues
- Works closely together with the Communication, Public Affairs team & HEMAR (Health economics, Market Access and reimbursement) teams.
- Main external interactions with:
Key Strategic Patient Associations and Medical societies.
Relevant new Patient Platforms (on-line communities).
Local opinion leaders (Medical Advisory Boards / Policy Advisory Boards in Patient Advocacy Groups)
- Works with CVTL (Country Value teams), MAF (Medical Affairs), HEMAR (Health economics market access and reimbursement) , HCS (healthcare solutions ) teams and other relevant functions to ensure that the vision and needs of patients, based on input from organised associations or other patient communication channels, are incorporated into the core CVT TA strategy.
- Contributes to getting the patient voice into the veins of Janssen
- Makes sure that advocacy programs support and strengthen a robust and highly differentiated value proposition for the core TA portfolio.
- Provides insights to team/functions on relevant external developments potentially impacting/influencing (future) patient access.
- Makes sure that communication and messaging is aligned, consistent and impactful towards non-medical stakeholders and media.
- Ensures Cross-Sector alignment and partnership on environment-shaping advocacy initiatives that have the potential to impact multiple areas of the business, including engagement with other enterprise divisions (e.g. Innovation Centers, R&D, Supply Chain).
- Challenges internal clients on the interactions with public/patient organisations and individuals and supports the internal change management & implementation of the Patient Engagement Plan with the focus on delivering insights and how to translate this to impactful external outreach, communication and messaging.
- Main interactions internal:
CVTLs, MAFs, HEMARs, GAs
EM Patient Access and communication
- Complies with local laws & HCC guidelines
- Report Adverse Event & product quality complaints as per J&J Pharmacovigilance guidelines
- Degree in Health sciences, Business management or communications, A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree in communication sciences or business economics is preferred.
- Proven performer with at least 8 years of experience in the healthcare business. Experience in both a corporate setting and in public relations / a public affairs agency, an NGO, a health-focused government agency or a healthcare insurer is considered an advantage.
- Strong networker, committed to establishing and maintaining effective working relationships. Experience of delivering patient centric programs within a healthcare setting.
- Proven track-record of developing impactful and sustainable partnerships.
- Proven track record of collaboration with stakeholders across multiple levels of an internal corporate organization as well as external environment.
- In depth knowledge of the patient access policy landscape, with a proven track-record of developing impactful partnerships with relevant stakeholder groups.
- Experience working with and managing agencies and consultants.
- Strong partnering skills and a passion for training and mentoring less experienced colleagues in the key compentencies and skilss required to deliver impactful patient programs.
- Good sense of entrepreneurship and innovative mind.
- Proven to be adaptive and agile to changes in the external and internal environment and to reshape own function/role when necessary in order to increase impact.
- Strong communicative skills both in speaking and writing and preferably experience as spokesperson for the media.
- In depth knowledge of the political, societal landscape in the GCC within the health care setting.
- Strong networking skills both internally and externally based on trust, bringing value and authenticity.
- Must exhibit behaviours aligned with the J&J Leadership Imperatives.
- Language: English , Arabic would be a plus.
United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Dubai-
Johnson & Johnson Middle East FZ-LLC (8608)
Executive - EHome Box ConceptContent Development & Management: Ensure all the products are listed correctly in our own website & market places Competition bench marking To work closely2 minute agoShareUAE
ELECTRICAL SUPERVISORNadiaJob Description : The personnel must have experience of greenhouse and hydroponics cultivation or livestock facility within UAE Most importantGood communication and4 minute agoShareAl-Ayn
TRAINERNadiaJob Description :A multinational company requires a Trainer with 3 5 years of experience in similar position within the power toolindustry.Brief Job Description :- To26 minute agoShareDubai
GAME ARCHITECTNadiaJob Description :Objective Manage a team of Game devs, QA, Technical artists. Incumbent will be responsible for driving the complete development effort and ensure a well26 minute agoShareAbu Dhabi
Food & Beverage WaiterAccor CareersIndustry : Hotels & Resorts Department : Food and Beverage Service Location : Dubai/United Arab Emirates UAE Level : Staff Line level Posted : 25 Sep 2020 Job26 minute agoShareDubai