Physical Security Trainer
DATE REVISED: April 29, 2021
GRADE: Consultant (with potential to become Part or Full Time Hire)
POSITION TITLE: Physical Security Trainer
REPORTS TO: MENA Regional Manager
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
The Physical Safety Trainer, under the supervision of the Regional Manager, will be hired to prepare and deliver regionally contextualized safety trainings and workshops to journalists and other media practitioners.
Please note this position is part time with an expected approximate 90 working days per year.
The position is open to all qualified applicants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure integrated approach to trainings and training activities (i.e. standard operating procedures and risk-mitigation strategies) through working closely with other program trainers, as well as other program staff and consultants;
- Create and contextualize physical safety and risk management lessons and methodology to suit participants and ensure integrated approach in training materials;
- Deliver contextualized lessons/assistance in physical safety and risk management that reflect an integrated safety framework;
- Support the development and updating of M&E tools that take into account local context and beneficiary profile;
- Work with the Manager and technical team to develop and update training curriculum as needed;
- Coordinate with the Manager on needs assessment and risk assessment work prior to trainings on an as needed basis;
- Coordinate with the Manager on risk-mitigation strategies and trainee follow-up on an as needed basis;
- Report on activities as required by Regional Manager;
- Participate in skill share with team and peers;
- Participate in meetings and/or calls with staff; and
- Other duties as assigned by Manager and/or Program Director.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Please upload a file that includes a resume and a cover letter that includes your daily rate requirements.
- University degree/ Minimum 2 years of experience designing and implementing curriculum for physical safety trainings;
- Demonstrated expertise in areas such as training programming and curriculum development;
- In-depth knowledge of journalism sector as well as operating environment and media landscape in MENA region;
- Excellent management, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Gender integration/experience with gender sensitive trainings preferred.
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English and Arabic required;
- Valid passport and travel permission required, for potential international travel; and
- Experience of working constructively as part of a small team.
IREX may at its discretion ask for additional information, including references. Issuing this call does not commit IREX to select any applicant/expert. IREX reserves the right, based on availability of funding and consultant performance, to increase the duration and/or enter into subsequent contractual agreements with the selected candidates without re-publicizing the opportunity.
IREX conducts anti- terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers.
IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Marine Embedded Software and Systems ResearcherTechnology Innovation InstituteMarine Embedded Software and Systems Researcher Date: 16-May-2021 Location: Abu Dhabi, AE Company: Technology Innovation Institute Technology Innovation Institute20 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi
IT Service Desk AnalystAlvarez & MarsalWe have an exciting opportunity for an L2 IT Service Desk Analyst in Dubai with a minimum 2 years professional experience in a helpdesk/technical support role. The IT20 hour agoShareDubai
CryptanalystTechnology Innovation InstituteCryptanalyst Date: 13-Jun-2021 Location: Abu Dhabi, AE Company: Technology Innovation Institute Technology Innovation Institute (TII) is a publicly funded research20 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi
Researcher Applied Machine Learning for RoboticsTechnology Innovation InstituteResearcher Applied Machine Learning for Robotics Date: 16-May-2021 Location: Abu Dhabi, AE Company: Technology Innovation Institute Technology Innovation Institute20 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi
Vulnerability ResearcherTechnology Innovation InstituteVulnerability Researcher Date: 25-May-2021 Location: Abu Dhabi, AE Company: Technology Innovation Institute Technology Innovation Institute (TII) is a publicly20 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi