Regional Program Manager, MEA - Philanthropies
At Microsoft, we believe technology is a powerful force for improving people’s lives. We see it every day in our work—whether it is students discovering the magic of creating something new with code, or health workers who use cloud services to better diagnose illnesses, collaborate with colleagues, and treat patients. Through Microsoft Philanthropies we will help fulfill Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more by providing the benefits of technology, and the skills to use and create it, to people and organizations who need them the most.
We are looking for a seasoned Corporate Social Responsibility professional who will lead strategic partnership execution in the Region, provide insights that elevate Regional granting opportunities and generate impact storytelling, coordinate region-wide initiatives with IGOs, and provide support to Area Philanthropies Leads on Disaster Response, Employee Engagement, and other CSR and social impact programs.
The Regional Program Manager reports to the Regional Director of Philanthropies Middle East and Africa and has the following responsibilities:
- Represent the Microsoft Philanthropies organization in the Region, serving as subject-matter expert and liaison for the Regional Director.
- Support strategic partnership execution in the Region, providing timely data-driven insights, feedback and execution of Microsoft Philanthropies’ top strategies and priorities with governments, customers, and strategic nonprofits.
- Coordinate Region-wide partnership execution with customers, Regional nonprofits, IGOs, Development Banks, and advocacy groups.
- Work with the Microsoft Philanthropies to execute on strategies and programs for maximum impact in the Region, including: Employee Engagement, Disaster Response, Airband, and social good marketing.
- Provide support and expertise to Area Philanthropies Leads to land Philanthropies core strategies and initiatives to drive maximum impact and align with the business priorities.
- Gather impact evidence with Regional and Area Comms teams.
- Build and coordinate a rhythm of engagement with Area Philanthropies Lead and build partnerships that drive excellence in execution.
- Provide insights and feedback to global field guidance and programmatic planning.
- Develop and manage project timelines, budgets, and plans for Regional Director
Strategic Regional partnerships:
- Coordinate and execute region-wide partnerships with Customers, IGOs, Development Banks, Nonprofit Partners, Employment and Govt Agencies to drive scale and impact.
- Coordinate and Support the regional internal plan and execution partnering with regional Marketing and Communication, Public Sector, Enterprise Customers, Government Affairs and MS Learn on regional strategic planning and execution.
Co-ordinate Regional Initiatives:
- Execute on the local regional initiatives, as appropriate to the region, for maximum impact – Regional employee engagement initiatives and campaigns, where relevant
- Outreach, advocacy, and influence: Build perception and awareness of Microsoft's societal impact. Partner with Area Leads, Public Affairs, Government Affairs, and Communications and Marketing teams to support the effective implementation of social impact storytelling to help achieve programmatic and perception goals.
- Operational / Readiness for Philanthropies Community in Region: Manage Regional Community Rhythm of Business for Regional Director, including new employee and vendor onboarding support, measurement/reporting of impact data, and tracking budget excellence.
- 5+ years as a Corporate Social Responsibility practitioner in a corporate or nonprofit setting.
- Experience in driving strategic partnerships with customers, development banks and regional non profits.
- Experience in managing and executing skills and employment initiatives across the Middle East and Africa region.
- Experience in driving Employee Engagement Programs on regional basis in Middle East and Africa.
- Program and project management experience – competent in organization management with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to manage several moving parts at once and being comfortable with tight deadlines and prioritization in a dynamic and matrixed organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with direct teams, internal and external stakeholders, customers, and leaders in a matrixed environment.
- Strategic and inclusive thinking.
- Regional understanding and context: Ability to execute programs to deliver measurable impact against the diverse contexts of the Region.
- Aptitude to understand the programmatic solutions and how to apply to the market opportunity.
- Experience in coordinating virtual teams and influencing people across an organization and immediate team.
- Ability to work with the multiple stakeholders across Region to align on priorities and projects
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Sales Manager - Middle EastInfovision labsJob Location: MD's OFFICE Job Resposibilities: This position is for Dubai location. We are looking for a energetic Software Sales Specialist to develop sales20 hour agoShareDubai
Logistics & Distribution Coordinator – Abu DhabiJohnson ControlsLogistics & Distribution Coordinator – Abu Dhabi - WD30118258159 What you will do The Logistics Coordinator is a key role reporting to the Head of Logistics20 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi
Social Media and Content ManagerJetexREPORTING TO Director – Portfolio Development and Corporate Communications LOCATION Dubai, UAE AREA OF RESPONSIBILITES Global DEPARTMENT Marketing ABOUT THE20 hour agoShareDubai
Customer Experience ManagerMPH Global ServicesIndustry: Water Treatment City/Country: abu dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) Location: United Arab Emirates Our client in Abu Dhabi is looking for a customer20 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi
Business Analyst - Cereal Partners WorldwideNestleCereal Partners Worldwide (CPW) is a leading global breakfast cereal company and the maker of Nestlé breakfast cereals, including global favourites such as20 hour agoShareDubai