Job Title: Technical Writer
College/Office: Office of Information Technology
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, and instructions in both languages, English and Arabic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explains scientific and technical ideas in simple language.
- Writes technical direction on product announcements, marketing brochures, advertisements, marketing specifications.
- Meets with customer representatives, vendors, plant executives, or publishers to establish technical specifications.
- Responsible for studying drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples.
- Creates user documentation for a variety of material, including how-to guides and instruction manuals.
- Ensures technical verbiage is easy to understand by the layperson.
- Gathers information on their subjects in libraries and on the web.
- Prepares charts, graphs, or forms to go along with rough drafts.
- Ensures that fields flow in the correct sequence.
- Writes articles and reports on current trends in fields such as science and engineering.
- Writes clear and concise policies and procedures.
- Edits industrial publications.
- Creates tables of contents and cites sources.
- Submits copies to managers for feedback.
- Responsible for adjusting the copy as necessary and proofreading for grammar and spelling.
- Follows a life cycle called the document development life cycle.
- Responsible for releasing the document following its final approval.
- Conducts online tutorials.
- Provides updates and different editions as necessary.
- Reviews manufacturer's trade catalogs.
- Manages and updates the IT support web page
- Any other duties as assigned by management
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/Information system or equivalent with at least 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Fluent in both languages, English and Arabic
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Understanding of technical writing concepts.
- Ability to create content in the form of reusable modules.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with text editing, page layout, and graphic design software (Frame Maker, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Proficiency in interviewing techniques.
- Communication skills and ability to simplify.
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Thoroughness and eye for detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Priority management.
- Ability to handle stress (tight deadlines and multitasking).
Human Resources AssistantVesta CareFull Job Description Vesta Care is actively recruiting for the role of Human Resources Assistant for its Dubai Headquarters. We will give priority to candidates that08-05-2022ShareDubai
Service AdvisorAl-FuttaimEstablished in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered07-05-2022ShareMussafah+1 location
Customer Success ManagerSiemensTogether we make the difference Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products, solutions in logistics, and automation in airport logistics with baggage06-05-2022ShareDubai
Wireline Technical Training InstructorBaker HughesWireline Technical Training Instructor Would you like to help train and coordinate our compliance initiatives for Wireline? Do you enjoy being part of a successful06-05-2022ShareDubai
Customer Success ManagerSiemens Logistics GmbH Branch DubaiFull Job Description Together we make the difference Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products, solutions in logistics, and automation06-05-2022ShareDubai