Workshop Planner - Toyota & Lexus
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
Overview of the role
Workshop Planner will allocate the technical jobs to the technicians ensuring alignment of job requirement to technical skillset in order to optimize the workshop’s utilisation. You will be the main link between the frontline and the workshop and supports timely performance of assigned technical jobs to ensure timely vehicle delivery to the customer.
What you will do
- Allocate the Job to technicians based on correct category required to perform the job.
- Monitor technician planning board and Job Progress Control Board as per monthly roster and escalate any concerns to the workshop manager
- Ensure accurate/ fair distribution of jobs technicians’ utilisation and efficiency targets are achieved.
- Ensure Fix It Right (FIR) Process is being followed to achieve FIR target.
- Ensure jobs allocated are closed as per the schedule / WIP
- Ensure no deviation on time clocking process, escalate as required
- Ensure vehicle on time delivery by providing the vehicle progress update to Service Advisor
Required skills to be successful
- Experience in allocating the job to technicians based on correct category required to perform the job
- 2 to 3 years’ overall experience as a Controller / Workshop Planner in the automobile dealership
- Diploma or Bachelor of Automobile /Mechanical Engineering
- Has the ability to write technical reports
About the team
Reporting to the Aftersales Manager, you will working with Technicians & Service Advisor on a daily basis. You will communicate all changes that affect a vehicle to the concerned department and constantly collaborate with other internal & external departments to maximize overall business benefits.
What equips you for the role
- Diploma in Automobile / Mechanical Engineering
- Diagnostic Technician or Equivalent
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- UAE driving license will be an advantage.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.Hiring Insights Job activity
Pricing Manager, West AfricaMaerskExecution of trade strategies in the region, making decisions on short-term pricing management, including prioritization of customers, commodities & markets for8 hour agoShareDubai
Air Freight Product ManagerMaerskWe Offer: We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade. Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth8 hour agoShareDubai
Product Manager-Financial Analysis, Planning & ReportingSamsung ElectronicsPosition Summary This role will exist in the product management function but will focus solely on financial and business analysis. It will cover specific tasks within8 hour agoShareMedia City
Product ManagerSamsung ElectronicsPosition Summary Develop and implement product strategies for room air-conditioning in SGE countries. Role and Responsibilities P&L responsibility for8 hour agoShareMedia City
Adventure Guide - Guest Desert ExperienceAnantaraCompany Description A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and8 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi