Administrative Officer, Library and Learning Commons
The Library & Learning Commons Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Administrative Officer to provide highly effective administrative and secretarial support to the Director to ensure the Library and Learning Commons function efficiently. Oversee administrative needs of the Library and Learning Commons at the DXB Campus and coordinate inter-departmental meetings and activities; provide administrative assistance to senior management, librarians and staff of the Library and Learning Commons in both campuses.
- Assists in organizing and scheduling meetings/workshops, notifies attendees of location and timing, and takes minutes and attendance for file and distribution as appropriate.
- Welcomes and liaises with students, faculty, staff and visitors on behalf of the Director. Listens to their concerns and decides if they need to see the director or if someone else better meets their needs. Recommends action as appropriate.
- Distributes internal and external correspondence effectively and efficiently.
- Develops and maintains electronic and paper files/folders and maintains appropriate office administration procedures.
- Answers all general queries and instigates appropriate response systems accordingly.
- Assists in organizing facilities and hospitality for Library and Learning Commons activities.
- Distributes general circulars and maintain files of information appropriate for the effective and efficient operations of all units at both campus
- Orders stationary, supplies and equipment required by the library and the office.
- Obtains quotations from vendors of equipment and supplies, prepares the documents for the approval by the Director, prepares the purchase requisitions and claim forms and passes all information to the Purchasing Department for further action.
- Processes and keeps records of all invoices.
- Tracks fund expenditure in banner and maintains logs of use through Excel and advises the Library Director and Leadership Council about the status of the budget and expenditure- (Professional Development Fund, Hotel and transport funds)
- Maintains the Director’s appointment calendar and reminds the Director of the appointments.
- Supports librarians and Learning Commons partners by booking classrooms, coordinating special events and communicating with Learning Commons partners on matters relating to facilities and services in the Learning Commons.
- Joins one of the Library Teams and contributes to the discussions about library policies and procedures to improve services.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a customer focused environment.
- Must be able to multi-task, as well as plan and organize events, office procedures and tracking systems.
- Must be responsible, extremely reliable, and able to work independently.
- Must be highly computer literate including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Other essential requirements:
- Ability to travel between Abu Dhabi and Dubai
- Project oriented with an ability to deliver result on-time.
- Excellent communication skills with people at all levels within an organization.
- Multitasking skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- High degree of accuracy with good attention to detail.
- Confidentiality, empathy, tact, and discretion when dealing with people.
- Patience and sound judgment.
- High degree of cultural awareness essential
Desired or preferred requirements:
- Work experience in an academic institution or library is an added advantage.
- Fluency in Arabic/English (bilingual) preferable
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., Cash housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.
Faculty - Engineering Technology & ScienceThe Centre of Excellence for Applied Research & Tr...The Role A minimum of 3 years of engineering teaching/training experience at a tertiary level, preferably in the areas Applied Engineering Technology, Aeronautics,6 hour agoShareAl-Ayn
PE TeacherHORIZON English SchoolPE Teacher Start Date: End-August 2021 Location: Dubai, UAE Contract type: Full Time Contract term: Fixed Term – 2 years, renewable The School Since its6 hour agoShareDubai
Procurement/Purchasing Officer - Food ManufacturingGuildhallThe Role Purchasing materials on behalf of the Business according to required technical specifications, price, delivery schedule, and terms - Work on RFI/RFP/RFQ,7 hour agoShareDubai
Faculty - Aviation OperationsThe Centre of Excellence for Applied Research & Tr...The Role A minimum of 3 years of teaching/training experience at a tertiary level, preferably in the areas of Aviation Operations or Air Defence Operations. •7 hour agoShareAl-Ayn
InternBDP InternationalJob Description: About BDP International: BDP International is a privately held, family-owned non-asset based global logistics provider with annual sales exceeding $2.17 hour agoShareDubai