General Manager - Group Treasury
DubaiAbout the Business
DP World is a leading enabler of global trade and an integral part of the supply chain. We operate multiple yet related businesses – from marine and inland terminals, maritime services, logistics and ancillary services to technology-driven trade solutions.
We have a portfolio of 77 operating marine and inland terminals supported by over 50 related businesses in 40 countries across six continents with a significant presence in both high-growth and mature markets. We aim to be essential to the bright future of global trade, ensuring everything we do has long-lasting impact on economies and society and creates a better future for everyone.
Our dedicated team of over 37,000 employees from 110 countries cultivate long-standing relationships with governments, shipping lines importers and exporters, communities, and many other important constituents of the global supply chain, to add value and provide quality services today and tomorrow.
We make sure cargo keeps moving so people have the things they need, when they need them, helping economies grow and nations prosper. It’s an important job, and one that requires smart, proud, passionate people working all across the world – people who are not afraid to innovate and find new ways of driving our business forward. We foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and respect. Our global workforce is made up of 45,000 people with over 110 different nationalities who bring their experience and expertise together, allowing us to be a global leader.
By thinking ahead, foreseeing change and innovation we aim to create the most productive, efficient and safe trade solutions globally.
About the Role
- Take responsibility for and manage tasks delegated by the Director Group Treasury.
- Support senior management on Treasury related issues.
- Liaison with local and Group finance functions to ensure financing, risk management and liquidity management transactions are fully understood and reported correctly.
- Oversee the activities of the Senior Manager Treasury and manage the tasks in the Senior Manager’s absence.
- Arranging Corporate facilities and leading negotiations for arranging and managing existing facilities and new debt.
- Ensure adequate committed finance is available to fund the Group’s activities.
- Manage funding requirements for subsidiaries and joint ventures as required. Have day to day responsibility for structuring, arranging and concluding financing arrangements.
- Ensure cash is managed in a manner as to ensure availability of funds when required for deployment within the business while any excess funds are earning the highest possible return without undertaking undue risks.
- Negotiate derivatives with banks for the corporate as well as group companies to ensure best possible solution for the identified exposure.
- Acts as the authorised signatory on the bank accounts of the company based on the authority delegated by the Board of Directors.
- Deputise for the Director, Group Treasury as required.
- Support the Director, Group Treasury in identifying and developing long term funding options for the group.
- Reviewing treasury related exposures, designing and evaluating solutions for those exposures and managing the approval process for entering into financing transactions, derivatives or investment products.
- Work with the Corporate finance team by providing debt support during corporate transactions, ensuring the Group has no residual exposure following a disposal.
- Work with the Business Development team to support bids for new concessions and acquisitions. Assessing how much debt the concession can support, how it should be structured. Assisting with negotiations for new Concession Agreement on debt related issues.
- Negotiate with external partners on funding and financial issues.
- Periodic interaction with the rating agencies/rating advisor for the company’s ratings.
- Ensure efficient use of cash within the group and repatriation of funds in the most tax efficient manner.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to Treasury Policy at a Group, subsidiary and associate level companies.
- Review group organisation structure where required to enhance financing, tax and operational efficiency of business grouping.
- Applicable if role has direct or indirect reports - responsible for the management and leadership of an engaged team, promoting collaboration and ensuring that each is developed and evaluated against goals and objectives which are aligned, specific, measurable, attainable yet challenging, realistic and time bound.
- Act as an ambassador for DP World at all times when working; promoting and demonstrating positive behaviours in harmony with DP World’s Founder’s Principles, values and culture; ensuring the highest level of safety is applied in all activities; understanding and following DP World’s Code of Conduct and Ethics policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
In order to give credible support to the organisation and be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Tertiary level qualification - Bachelor degree in the finance field
- Appropriate professional qualification and membership of internationally recognised Treasury/Finance body
- 10 - 15 years post qualification experience within a bank or large multinational with at least 5 years of experience at a senior level within the finance department
- Strong cash flow based financial modelling experience
- Strategic thinking and planning skills with business and commercial acumen
- Knowledge of treasury products and debt structures.
- Transaction experience within the Infrastructure sector.
Consultant Paediatric Anaesthesia - Al AinMedacs HealthcareConsultant Paediatric Anaesthesia - Al Ain, United Arab Emirates Are you looking for a new position in the United Arab Emirates?Medacs Healthcare is seeking a Paediatric48 minute agoShareAl-Ayn
Business Development Manager - BSI Abu DhabiBSIGreat that you're thinking about a career with BSI! Our purpose is to inspire trust for a more resilient world. Our solutions and services improve performance and48 minute agoShareAbu Dhabi
Customer Relations ManagerAl-FuttaimNo two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the49 minute agoShareAbu Dhabi
SSC - Accounts Payable AccountantHilton CorporateJob Description About Hilton Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 6,000 properties in 119 countries and49 minute agoShareRas al-Khaimah
SSC- Accounts Receivable AccountantHilton CorporateJob Description About Hilton Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 6,000 properties in 119 countries and49 minute agoShareRas al-Khaimah