As an Industry Representative you will act as a sales liaison with dealers and support interaction with customers and other Caterpillar personnel. You will be accountable for contributing to the identification, analysis and resolution of needs and problems with assigned dealers. You will be covering the fast growing markets or Turkey and Africa and ensuring new legislation changes are actioned accordingly.
The successful candidate will perform complex analysis work, identify, and resolve problems whilst driving growth within their focus territories. Challenges include developing and meeting expectations in delivering results, considering, and recommending alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions, and developing greater communication skills. Incumbents may work more directly with other Caterpillar business units, customers, and District Offices.
This is a 50% field-based assignment for an experienced, individual contributor on assignments that are complex and challenging and begin to become strategic in nature.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Counseling dealers in developing and growing their business; providing guidance on existing and potential new or relevant product and improvement measures within one industry
- Assisting dealers with forecasting, sales, rental planning and supporting rollout of new products (e.g., products, parts, customer service agreements, other service products)
- Assisting dealers with business planning; creating and promoting programs that increase sales while maximizing price realization; and continuing to develop required proficiency level in the specified foundation competencies and skills.
- Individuals in this position must understand and keep current on customer/dealer market needs and understand how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization, subsequently applying those decisions to support and develop processes and sales (NPI process, process improvement, sales management process improvement, etc.).
- Incumbents, along with their manager, will direct their development and continual learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from continued experience in the assigned industry, enhancing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving and analysis ability, building and using business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems, and developing leadership abilities.
Skills and experience:
- Degree qualified ideally however this can be replaced by strong industry experience
- Incumbents usually have had 4 to 7 years prior experience in field assignments and have demonstrated the ability to work independently and to communicate effectively with others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers.
- Ability to work on increasingly more complex assignments and provide direction to lower-level reps on project assignments.
- Strong experience of working with a dealer network, ideally within the construction/mining industries.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
Healthcare Marketing ExecutiveHRecruitUAEJob details Salary AED4,500 a month Job Type Full-time Permanent Full Job Description Position: Marketing Executive Industry: Hospital Location: Sharjah08-05-2022ShareSharjah
Business AnalystCeleros Flow TechnologyReporting to the Global Commercial Excellence Leader the Business Analyst will be responsible for analysing data and interpretation as per business requirements08-05-2022ShareDubai
Business Development Executive - Events CompanyArab Center for Engineering StudiesJob Description and Requirements Our client a well known Event Management Company is seeking to hire a Business Development Executive to join their office in Dubai.08-05-2022ShareAjman
Service AdvisorAl-FuttaimEstablished in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered07-05-2022ShareMussafah+1 location
Assistant BuyerHome Box ConceptFull Job Description Asst. Buyer – Homeware The job holder will be responsible & supporting Category Buyer for buying operations through Product Sourcing,06-05-2022ShareUAE