A Purchasing Clerk will support the negotiation of contracts, purchasing of required goods, and record-keeping as it related to transactions and vendor performance.
What will I be doing?
As Purchasing Clerk, you will support the negotiation of contracts, purchasing of required goods, and record-keeping as it related to transactions and vendor performance. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased, using Group Nominated suppliers where applicable
- Ensure locally Nominated supplier information is kept current
- Manage the database of active local contracts with suppliers
- Ensure Purchasing Manual is current
- Adhere to quality procedures and standards and oversee purchasing administration such that all Hilton policies and standards are upheld
- Maintain a record of commitments for all budgets and ensure that the relevant senior managers are constantly informed of updates
- Ensure a comprehensive system for allocating and reconciling purchase orders
- Monitor all areas of purchasing including contracts, leases and nominations
- Prepare the month end accounts reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Execute on tasks/requests as instructed by the Hotel Management
What are we looking for?
A Purchasing Clerk serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong financial knowledge and ability to work with budgets
- Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience within the hotel/leisure sector
- Previous experience in a similar purchasing role
- Relevant degree, in Finance/Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Accounting ClerkMarriott International, IncPosting Date Oct 17, 2021Job Number 21115612Job Category Finance & AccountingLocation Sheraton Sharjah Beach Resort & Spa, Al Muntazah Street, Sharjah, United8 hour agoShareSharjah
MATERIALS CLERK RECEIVING (FEMALE)Hyatt Centric Jumeirah DubaiSummary We at Hyatt Centric are at the center of some of the most unique destinations—in the middle of the action, in the know and always on-hand to serve up2 day agoShareDubai
Accounts Payable ClerkMarriott International, IncPosting Date Oct 14, 2021Job Number 21117384Job Category Finance & AccountingLocation Aloft Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, Al Khaleej Al Arabi2 day agoShareAbu Dhabi
Accounts PayableAnantaraCompany Description A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and2 day agoShareAbu Dhabi
Receiving-StorekeeperMarriott International, IncPosting Date Oct 13, 2021Job Number 21116535Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality AssuranceLocation La Ville Hotel & Suites CITY WALK Dubai Autograph3 day agoShareDubai