Assistant Manager, Procurement Services
University of Dubai is a fast growing institution of higher education with a wide range of academic, research and training programs in Business, Information Technology and Law. The University of Dubai is part of the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry and its academic degree programs are recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in addition to international accrediting bodies.
The Procurement and Facilities Department is looking for Assistant Manager, and invites interested applicants to commence employment ASAP. A candidate must possess a Bachelor degree from an international accredited university.
Purchases materials, equipment, supplies and services of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with prescribed purchasing policies and procedures. Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions, investigates and develops sources of supplies, prepares bid specifications, issues bid requests and reviews quotations. Interprets purchasing procedures to departments and vendors. This position requires the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Specific responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Procure supplies, equipment, and services as required to meet departmental or institutional needs
- Review and prioritize requests in accordance with approved guidelines.
- Prepare bids for standardized commodities and products, establish vendor lists to obtain bids, conduct bid openings.
- Evaluate bids, recommend awards or award bids.
- Secure telephone price quotations, document information, commit purchases to vendors; place orders for merchandise or services.
- Initiate change orders and supplemental agreements for goods and services.
- Research for new sources of supply; locate and contact vendors and suppliers.
- Negotiate services, base agreements and contracts.
- Monitor vendor performance as defined by contract provisions.
- Maintains records of supplies, amounts ordered and received, and actual sales records on items and vendors.
- Monitors the maintenance of records regarding pricing and ordering of materials; prepares reports analysis and recommendations.
- Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures and policies to departments, vendors and staff.
Position Required Skills
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken and written) Knowledge of the principles and practices of purchasing
- Skill in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications, analyzing bids and proposals
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office program
- Ability to communicate effectively
Position Desired Skills
- Bachelor's degree in related field
5-10 years professional procurement and facilities academic experience
UD offers a competitive package for successful candidates, which includes private medical health and life insurance plus end-of-service benefits. Candidates must send an up-to-date CV in addition to the names and contact details of three references with a letter of recommendation to the following address. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mrs. Reem Saleh
Head of Department, HR
University Of Dubai
P.O. Box 14143, Dubai, UAE
ReceptionistBrecks GroupResponsibilities: Achieve positive outcomes from Guest queries in a timely and efficient mannerEnsure an efficient reception experience for Guests, including check1 hour agoShareDubai
DRILLING MANAGERCrescent PetroleumMAJOR FUNCTIONS: Plans, directs and coordinates all Well and Drilling activities including reviewing, studying and approving drilling operational/engineering processes3 hour agoShareSharjah
Reservoir Engineering LeadCrescent PetroleumMAJOR FUNCTIONS: As a member of a multidisciplinary subsurface team lead the reservoir engineering group: Lead, support and deliver all aspects of reservoir engineering3 hour agoShareSharjah
Manager, Corporate CitizenshipCrescent PetroleumMAJOR FUNCTIONSLead the development and execution of the Company’s sustainability initiatives, integrating sustainability throughout the Company and its various3 hour agoShareSharjah
Retail Account Manager, GulfElectroluxYour Role Work as Retail Account Manager for Gulf countries with the Sales Director to manage the day-to-day operation as per growth Strategy for the Region. A Typical3 hour agoShareDubai