Location: Abu Dhabi, AE
Company: Technology Innovation Institute
Technology Innovation Institute (TII) is a publicly funded research institute, based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. It is home to a diverse community of leading scientists, engineers, mathematicians, and researchers from across the globe, transforming problems and roadblocks into pioneering research and technology prototypes that help move society ahead.
Cryptography Research Centre
In our connected digital world, secure and reliable cryptography is the foundation of digital information security and data integrity. We address the world’s most pressing cryptographic questions. Our work covers post-quantum cryptography, lightweight cryptography, cloud encryption schemes, secure protocols, quantum cryptographic technologies and cryptanalysis.
Today, our research focuses on:
- Cryptography for the era of quantum computers
- Cryptography for the Internet of Things and Cyber Physical Systems
- Cryptography for the Cloud
- Cryptographic protocols
- Cryptography engineering
- Analyze, evaluate and target any cryptographic and security weaknesses of internally developed state-of-the-art systems, ranging from single crypto-primitives to entire protocols, from classical ciphers to the newest lightweight or post-quantum schemes.
- Apply internally developed cryptanalytic software and hardware tools to real world systems.
- Be involved in the development of mathematical and statistical models and software tools to analyze and solve security data problems.
- Collaborate with skillful mathematicians, computer scientists, and software, hardware, and telecommunication engineers.
- Work with latest software and test your code on state-of-the-art High-Performance Computing devices.
- Attend personalized in-house trainings with top cryptographers and international conferences and workshops.
- Enjoy all the cultural, educational and travel opportunities Abu Dhabi offers
Skills required for the job
- Master Degree in one of the following: Cryptography, Applied Cryptography, Information Theory, Mathematics, Computer Science or any relevant Engineering degree.
- Extensive experience developing in various programming languages.
- A passion for solving complex puzzles.
- An analytical and creative mindset
The following skills will be considered a plus:
- PhD Degree in one of the following: Cryptography, Applied Cryptography, Information Theory, Mathematics, Computer Science or any relevant Engineering degree.
- Experience in theoretical and practical cryptanalysis.
- Valuable publications in the field of cryptanalysis.
- Extensive knowledge of side-channel attacks.
- Understanding of various hardware security vulnerabilities and threats.
At TII, we help society to overcome its biggest hurdles through a rigorous approach to scientific discovery and inquiry, using state-of-the-art facilities and collaboration with leading international institutions. Our rigorous discovery and inquiry-based approach helps to forge new and disruptive breakthroughs in advanced materials, autonomous robotics, cryptography, digital security, directed energy, quantum computing and secure systems.