Technical Services Manager, SBM BE&SL METAI
GCP Applied Technologies
Technical Services Manager, SBM BE&SL METAI
Yes > 40%
Position Reports to:
Commercial Leader SBM METAI
Dotted Line Reporting if any:
Zenella Braganza, HR Business Partner METAI
A senior position within the Technical Services Department managing a team of Technical Services Engineers providing training, troubleshooting and site support to applicators . The role includes coordination with sales team and the management of technical documentation.
Managing the provision of technical services to support product management for BE & SL products.
- Line management and mentoring of technical service staff Team in METAI.
- Coordinate the scheduling of Technical Services Engineers in fulfilling all Applicator training and site support needs effectively & efficiently.
- Identify suitable new projects/opportunities/markets where a sales opportunity qualifies in coordination with sales team.
- Maintain up to date files including project and customer records using the Company’s Database System.
- Present a highly professional company image at all times, operating to a high safe ,moral and legal code of conduct.
- Support sales team to ensure they have a thorough knowledge of all products which they are required to sell including but not limited to practical understanding of products , applications & technical performance.
- Coordinate and contribute to the provision of technical commercial solutions.
- Develop a definitive portfolio of GCP technical ,training, warranty , site support records & documentation.
- Provide technical input to the production of new products and technical literature.
- Contribute to the provision of commercially astute technical documentation in support of sales promotion.
- Liaise closely with the Innovation and Product Management departments to ensure smooth and efficient progression and execution of product developments and installation techniques.
- Manage product certifications to national and industry standards.
- Prepare, obtain approval, and issue warranties for METAI product sales, and maintain records.
- Proven experience within an engineering background, preferably in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrated experience of a minimum of 5 years of experience in the Construction Industry (Construction site experience is required), knowledge of products would be an advantage
- Ability to converse in English and Arabic language would be an added advantage
- Ability to provide experience in waterproofing would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent computer literacy skills in Word/Excel/Outlook/Autocad
- Proven experience of ability to understand technical concepts and waterproofing principles in building construction
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Proven ability to understand and communicate building construction techniques, waterproofing principles, METAI Standards, architectural drawings, specifications and identify where a sales opportunity exists is essential.
- Excellent communication skills including written correspondence
- Proven ability to ask questions, think laterally and have an eye for an opportunity
- Organized, structured and task oriented
- Proven territory and time management skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative manner and develop strong working relationships with internal/ external clients, GCP people and matrix partners.
Key Selection Criteria
- High level of competence in the technical aspects of waterproofing and construction works.
- Commercial astuteness in respect of formulating technical solutions.
- Astuteness in respect of handling the pressures between applicators, client and company objectives.
- Pro-active communication skills to act as a coordinator between company departments.
- Knowledge of the design and technology of construction waterproofing systems.
- Ability to influence-manage colleagues and support staff.
- Ability to mentor and coach direct reports in the delivery of services & evolve them to the next
- Ability to schedule resources and balance competing pressures from internal customers.
- Good standard of written English to enable concise technical explanations to both native and not-first-language English speakers.
Number of Employees Supervised
Direct Reports = 1
Indirect Reports = 2
Contract Employees = None
Third Party Contractor Employees = None
Examples of the type of decisions made by the position
On the incumbent’s authority
- Which require the support of peers
- Which required approval by higher authority
Chief Stakeholders incumbent is expected to interact with outside of Org unit
Within GCP METAI:
Within GCP Outside METAI:
External Partners / Vendors / Customers: Customers, Distributors,
Assistant Project Manager (site based)GHDJoin a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. Working7 minute agoShareAbu Dhabi
ASSISTANT MANAGER TRAININGHyatt Regency DubaiSummary You will be responsible to provide an excellent and consistent level of administrative support to your customers. The Assistant Manager - Training is7 minute agoShareDubai
LAUNDRY MANAGERGrand Hyatt Abu DhabiSummary You will be responsible for the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting7 minute agoShareAbu Dhabi
Housekeeping AttendantThe First CollectionOverview: Our Company – Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Welcome to the largest hotel company in the world. At Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, our Team Members have7 minute agoShareDubai
Regional Office Coordinator 3 - Dubai (Internet City)Black & VeatchWe believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an7 minute agoShareDubai