Project Operations Manager
You will be working as Project Operations Manager and will be part of Robotics and Discrete Automation Business Area for Service and Digital Platform based in Dubai, UAE. In this role you will be reporting to Local Robotics and Discrete Automation Manager and will be responsible for striving to achieve manufacturing excellence by delivering the right automation solutions.
- Manage all the mechanical, electrical, controls and robotic resources including the scheduling of service and installation personnel for onsite and offsite which include both internal resources and resources from vendors.
- Understanding the customer provided data such as mechanical drawings, process related information, automation requirement and therefore conceptualize the complete turnkey system for the customer.
- Review customer specifications and examine the new contracts to ensure thorough understanding and adhere to the desired contract terms and conditions as well as accountable for financial outcome of all projects.
- Formulate project plans, implement schedules, and track the project deliveries to ensure on time delivery with 100% quality. Allocate tasks to resources and coordinate with the resources to ensure successful completion of the project.
- Conduct analysis and have proper risk mitigation strategy for various projects and communicate delays or improvements to the customer and other stake holders promptly and report progress on projects to all project stakeholders, internal and external.
- Effectively communicate and negotiate change orders for margin enhancement as well as accountable for revenue recognition, timely and accurate invoicing, and eliminating disputes or past dues.
- Interact with sales team, partners, and customers to ensure that the required data is available for the various functions. Evaluating the feasibility of the technical parameters that are to be met on the customer requirement.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards are fulfilled during the project execution.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with design background.
- Minimum 15 years of industrial experience.
- Experience in project management, design and design validation of robotic fixtures, end effectors and tooling’s, preparing proposals, site management etc.
- Strong expertise in ABB Robot programming, Robot Studio, CAD tools such as Solid Works or CATIA or AutoCAD.
- Candidate must have knowledge on various robotic applications like Welding and Cutting, Packaging, Material Handling, Machine Tending etc.
- Experiencing in designing jigs, fixtures, and other tooling’s essential for various robotics applications will be an added advantage.
- Must have certification in PMP (Project Management Professional) and should have strong experience in team handling, vendor, and customer management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence both internally and externally.
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
UI/UX DesignerEPAM SystemsAre you a passionate user experience designer who wants to make an impact on the world? We’re looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to lead workshops and create2 hour agoShareDubai
MENA Microsoft Alliance - CRM Architect - ManagerEYWith a broad understanding of the full lifecycle of our clients’ business, EY has the knowledge and experience to integrate cloud strategy where it makes the2 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi
Business Manager - Michael Page Middle East, Banking RecruitmentMichael Page AEJob Description The Financial Services team was set-up in 2006 and has consistently served clients across various industry segments regionally since. The work we2 hour agoShareDubai
IT ManagerNord Anglia EducationIT Manager The British International School Abu Dhabi is looking to appoint an outstanding IT Manager to join a well-established, supportive team in a highly successful2 hour agoShareAbu Dhabi
Assistant Manager – IT AuditGMGGulf Marketing Group is one of the Middle East’s leading, family owned companies. Operating across the GCC, Gulf Marketing Group is a dynamic group boasting a2 hour agoShareDubai